• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

maggielondon

Unable To Properly Load And Use Cd Spin Doctor

Question

I'm on a mac (osx 10.6.5) and bought cd spin doctor 6. it has never loaded properly, despite all the times i drag everything (not just the app, but all the plists and other related files) to the trash and start again. when i start up the program, it either crashes immediately, or it lets me record a file, then won't save the wave form. when bringing up old wave form files, it either crashes immediately, or sometimes lets me bring in a file, but the wave form is either flat or just a few lines (although the file seems to play fine audibly). i have tried downloading the 6.1.1. update from their website, and get the following error message that there is an error with the download.

i have been back and forth with what agonizingly passes for on-line tech support, and their latest message to me was "Considering the extensive, unsuccessful troubleshooting attempts of your problem we are unable to offer you any further solutions for your issue and will have to discontinue any further support." basically, they're admitting their product is sub-standard and unstable. they've offered me a refund, but only if i can provide them the original receipt, which of course i no longer have. i don't really want my money back, i want the freakin' software to work! or i want them to admit that it doesn't.

is there anyone out there who is actually able to load and use this software on their snow leopard mac? and i'm not talking about that person who suggests opening spin doctor and running some sort of update, because that absolutely doesn't work.

attached is one of the many error messages i get...

post-90006-045078800 1291468483.png

12 answers to this question

Don't know whether I can be of much help with your problems, but I also had that error screen pop up (along with another one about a Xerox kext file) each time I had an update of iTunes under v9. Then all of a sudden it stopped appearing and has not reappeared even under V10 of iTunes. I am currently running Snow Leopard (10.6.5) on my iMac and frequently use CDSD as part of Toast 10 without any problems, although I do notice that my version is 6.1.2 dated December 2009 so I don't know if that has any bearing on it.

Fortunately I have not had to use Roxio on-line support although I have used others and some are about as useful as a chocolate teapot ;)

I suspect your version of Spin Doctor doesn't work with Snow Leopard. Check the Roxio software updates page to see if you have the most recent version. The version included with Toast 10 is 6.1.2.

the latest 'resolution' to my problem is that roxio is processing a refund of my purchase price - here is their reply. i checked the roxio website and the latest update they have for download is 6.1.1 - i guess they really don't want to support spindoctor as a sub-software product - they want people to buy the more expensive toast!

"After reviewing your notes, I understand that you agree with the refund process since we failed to fix your issue wherein CD Spin Doctor crashes in creating a waveform on a snow leopard computer. We appreciate you in providing all the information needed to fix your issue and I apologize for the late response on your concern.

In regards to your request I forward it into the right channel and you will receive a confirmation email with a corresponding refund reference number. Upon receiving the confirmation email you will receive you money back within 5-7 business days.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding and would be delighted to welcome you back as a valued customer in the future."

the latest 'resolution' to my problem is that roxio is processing a refund of my purchase price - here is their reply. i checked the roxio website and the latest update they have for download is 6.1.1 - i guess they really don't want to support spindoctor as a sub-software product - they want people to buy the more expensive toast!

"After reviewing your notes, I understand that you agree with the refund process since we failed to fix your issue wherein CD Spin Doctor crashes in creating a waveform on a snow leopard computer. We appreciate you in providing all the information needed to fix your issue and I apologize for the late response on your concern.

In regards to your request I forward it into the right channel and you will receive a confirmation email with a corresponding refund reference number. Upon receiving the confirmation email you will receive you money back within 5-7 business days.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding and would be delighted to welcome you back as a valued customer in the future."

Sorry it didn't work out. As for Toast being more expensive, if you are on their email list they send out significant discount offers for Toast (and never for Spin Doctor). I wouldn't be surprised if the actual cost is very close. You might also check out a competing product sold by Bias. I haven't tried it so am not recommending it. Might be worth a look.

Thanks for your update. I have the same problem. Snow Leopard 10.6.5 and just purchased CDSD v6.

It crashes constantly, I have the same issue with waveforms and with the extension install. Each time I download, the DMG gives me a warning and all in all a wholly unsatisfactory experience.

I will just get a refund and save myself the hassle :-( of trying to get a resolution

Thanks

SCREW THE REFUND. I own Toast 10 and its giving me the same crap. Come on Roxio, I know working with apple is a bitch but they do provide you the specs on their new software 6 months before launching it and honestly you all have any ample time to create an update.Grumble.

Thanks for your update. I have the same problem. Snow Leopard 10.6.5 and just purchased CDSD v6.

It crashes constantly, I have the same issue with waveforms and with the extension install. Each time I download, the DMG gives me a warning and all in all a wholly unsatisfactory experience.

I will just get a refund and save myself the hassle :-( of trying to get a resolution

Thanks

After getting a support tech to run down the problem with me it seems that sure enough they are only supporting Toast 10 users and not the single side line products that they are now bundling with toast 10. Thus and update for toast cleared up the issue. But the Roxio's logic in not supporting Spin Doc as a stand alone throws me through a loop. Why? oh well thanks to the techs at roxio

thanks everyone for your replies. it's pathetic that roxio won't support a product they produce, but even more pathetic that they're selling a product (spin doctor 6.1.1) they clearly know doesn't work!

it's interesting that on their website where they sell CDSD they just call it CDSD 6 - no hint as to what release of version 6 it is. i suspect they're still selling the version that doesn't work, or they would update their website to say it's 6.1.2.

WARNING to all potential roxio customers: DO NOT BUY CD SPIN DOCTOR standalone unless you are SURE you're getting 6.1.2. (and i can't vouch for 6.1.2 working, because i haven't capitulated yet and bought Toast... will post an update if/when i do).

thanks everyone for your replies. it's pathetic that roxio won't support a product they produce, but even more pathetic that they're selling a product (spin doctor 6.1.1) they clearly know doesn't work!

it's interesting that on their website where they sell CDSD they just call it CDSD 6 - no hint as to what release of version 6 it is. i suspect they're still selling the version that doesn't work, or they would update their website to say it's 6.1.2.

WARNING to all potential roxio customers: DO NOT BUY CD SPIN DOCTOR standalone unless you are SURE you're getting 6.1.2. (and i can't vouch for 6.1.2 working, because i haven't capitulated yet and bought Toast... will post an update if/when i do).

To supplement your warning: Do not buy CD SpinDoctor standalone version if you are running OS 10.6.x and if you do not see an update available in Roxio's software updates to version 6.1.2 or later.

I bought a new iMac in September 09 with Mac OS X 10.6.5 on it. In December I bought the new CD Spin Doctor 6. I've spent two days trying to decipher the error messages, crashing and general instability. I've tried the CD Spin Doctor 6.1.1 Update.zip, the CD Spin Doctor 6.1.1 update.dmg and the CD Spin Doctor 6.1 2dmg with no changes in performance... same errors. I've tried reloading from both the downloaded copy and from the disk that I purchased along with my order.... no difference.

I'm willing to keep trying if Roxio will provide some feedback on their site on how they are managing this problem (haven't had any luck with online support). Thanks to other for posting their experiences.

I bought a new iMac in September 09 with Mac OS X 10.6.5 on it. In December I bought the new CD Spin Doctor 6. I've spent two days trying to decipher the error messages, crashing and general instability. I've tried the CD Spin Doctor 6.1.1 Update.zip, the CD Spin Doctor 6.1.1 update.dmg and the CD Spin Doctor 6.1 2dmg with no changes in performance... same errors. I've tried reloading from both the downloaded copy and from the disk that I purchased along with my order.... no difference.

I'm willing to keep trying if Roxio will provide some feedback on their site on how they are managing this problem (haven't had any luck with online support). Thanks to other for posting their experiences.

The standalone version of CD SpinDoctor does not work with Snow Leopard. Get a refund.

I finally broke down and bought Toast. the version of cd spin doctor that is bundled with it seems to work fine on snow leopard (no way to know the version number - clicking on the 'about cd spin doctor' is not illuminating in this regard). it's still not the most user-friendly software, but at least it doesn't crash or create dreaded error messages all over the place!