• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

ThePad

Fixing A Corrupt .dmsd Project?

Question

I put many hours into a MYDvd project, and it now crashes every time I try to work with it. It is a bit involved but here are the basic symptoms.

1. When the project opens the main Preview window in the centre is blank (white). The Menu Style and associated buttons are missing.

2. If I go to the Project View panel bottom left and click on the name of the button, the Menu Style suddenly appears in the Preview window, however the button for the movie is still not there.

3. If I go back to the Project View panel and click on the name of the movie and then click the Edit Movie option in the Edit panel, the movie will open up as normal for editing.

4. However, and this is the real problem, any attempt to return to the main Preview window by clicking the Back to Menu button causes MYDvd to crash, and I can therefore not burn the project to a DVD.

I have tried everything I can think of to resolve the problem but nothing works. e.g. I have tried

To change Menu Styles.

To change the Menu background.

To change button styles.

To copy the movie edits, open a fresh project and paste the video edits into a fresh project.

Any of these actions results in a crash.

It is very frustrating because I can see all the video edits, tansitions, fades and soundtracks are there.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to how I might be able to fix the problem. Even if there was some way I could transfer the video edits to a fresh project would be a great help. I just can't face the hours and hours of work it would take to recreate the entire project from scratch.

TIA

Edited by ThePad

2 answers to this question

First a little hindsight… you build your movies in VideoWave and get them the way you want them before ever opening MyDVD!!!

MyDVD is only used to create a user interface for the movies and the ’more simple’ is better.

In MyDVD, you can try going under Tools – Options - Proxy Files – Clear and see what happens.

But I believe that the only thing you can do from here is go into the editor with each movie and Export As.

This will make a ‘movie’ of each of your edited clips. You will effectively lose the ability to do any more edits but you will salvage what you have.

First a little hindsight… you build your movies in VideoWave and get them the way you want them before ever opening MyDVD!!!

MyDVD is only used to create a user interface for the movies and the ’more simple’ is better.

In MyDVD, you can try going under Tools – Options - Proxy Files – Clear and see what happens.

But I believe that the only thing you can do from here is go into the editor with each movie and Export As.

This will make a ‘movie’ of each of your edited clips. You will effectively lose the ability to do any more edits but you will salvage what you have.

Thanks for the suggestions Jim.

I tried clearing the proxy files but no cigar I'm afraid.

Exporting all the movies individually would take for ever, so I would probably be better off starting from scratch. Also (correct me if I'm wrong here) I would effectively be re-encoding and would be losing picture quality in the process.

I've always edited my movies within MYDvd, I take it from what you are saying that it's not the best way to go?

Thanks for your time,

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.