• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

.bin File Extraction

BryanHarris

Question

I have two .BIN and .CUE files on a local hard drive created using Easy Media Creator 10 that I would like to extract. These files represent a complete Microsoft application (MapPoint 2004); however, I do not seem to be able to locate information about how to extract the data and use this application for which I have paid a considerable amount of money.

This would seem to be a simple enough operation; however, Creator 10 "Help" and Roxio's phone Support systems have offered no assistance... Who knows how to?

2 answers to this question

I have two .BIN and .CUE files on a local hard drive created using Easy Media Creator 10 that I would like to extract. These files represent a complete Microsoft application (MapPoint 2004); however, I do not seem to be able to locate information about how to extract the data and use this application for which I have paid a considerable amount of money.

This would seem to be a simple enough operation; however, Creator 10 "Help" and Roxio's phone Support systems have offered no assistance... Who knows how to?

Did you try burning the files to a disc and runinng from there? BIN files are similar to ISO files in that they have everythign needed to run the files from a disc once burned.

I'm not sure how something you've "paid a considerable amount of money for" has got locked up in a Creator 10 Bin/Cue set without you knowing how, but if you go to Creator Classic > Burn Disc from Image file and select the .CUE file you're after then Creator Classic will burn the image to a disc for you.

It IS in the help system. Here's what you get when you search in Creator 10 for "CUE"

post-208-055716700 1292017300.jpg

Cheers,

Brendon

Edited by Brendon