• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emulated drive questions

golinux

Question

I sometimes use Disc Image Loader to preview ISOs before burning to disk. My questions are . . .

Is it best to delete the drive when I'm finished? Or can I leave it active for the next time I need it? Seems it would be more efficient to have it ready to go but will it work that way or screw something up if it sits there through multiple reboots over several days before it's used again?

What do you do??

Thanks . . . sisterscape

4 answers to this question

Just gave this a try and it does indeed keep the emulated drive active. I was just wondering if there was a downside to doing this. Anyone?

A little late to answer this, but the only "down" side I could think of is that it will use a little more system resources, memory, and a drive letter allocation. The latter will slightly affect how fast Windows Explorer windows open up, but since it's an emulated drive, it should be fairly fast.

A little late to answer this, but the only "down" side I could think of is that it will use a little more system resources, memory, and a drive letter allocation. The latter will slightly affect how fast Windows Explorer windows open up, but since it's an emulated drive, it should be fairly fast.
Thanks for checking in. It's never too late! It seems to be working OK and not slowing things down. It is labeled drive "Z" so my other external drives won't conflict (or confuse me). :)

Guest mlpasley

Actually, I forgot that I had an emulated drive active in Disc Image Loader and it was months and many boots later that I discovered it was still there. I discovered it when I went to load another .iso file. :)

Archived