• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

william patterson

Make A Movie Using Mpeg-4

Question

19 answers to this question

How do I make a movie using MPEG-4 files. I have all these security MPEG files but I can't figure out how to use them?

Thanks in advance,

Bill in Las Vegas :rolleyes:

What Roxio product do you have? What camcorder was used to take the videos? Open Edit Video-Advanced and add the files. Mpeg4 is a supported format so they should just add. If that doesn't happen, please post the particulars on the video files. If they were taken with a special camera, then they may not work.

Follow this work flow strategy..

Can you post a couple of seconds of one of the files on a file sharing site like 'Up for Down" and we can take a look. One of our frequent posters has a largew collection of videos taken with different camcorders.

What Roxio product do you have? What camcorder was used to take the videos? Open Edit Video-Advanced and add the files. Mpeg4 is a supported format so they should just add. If that doesn't happen, please post the particulars on the video files. If they were taken with a special camera, then they may not work.

Follow this work flow strategy..

Can you post a couple of seconds of one of the files on a file sharing site like 'Up for Down" and we can take a look. One of our frequent posters has a largew collection of videos taken with different camcorders.

I'm using Roxio 2010 and I can get them to open but after I put the two together I want all I can do is save as a DMSM, what I want is a mov or avi or something I can share on a dvd or send to someone in an email. I'd attach but I don't know how to make a 15 second clip a 3 second clip. :unsure:

Thanks,

Bill in Las Vegas

I'm using Roxio 2010 and I can get them to open but after I put the two together I want all I can do is save as a DMSM, what I want is a mov or avi or something I can share on a dvd or send to someone in an email. I'd attach but I don't know how to make a 15 second clip a 3 second clip. :unsure:

Thanks,

Bill in Las Vegas

You don't use "Save" to create a video. All that does is create a project file with the extension dmsm, it is not a video file.

To create a video file, select "Output " and then select the video format you want. If you want a video DVD, exit Videowave, launch myDVD (Create DVDs on the Roxio home page), select the type of DVD, then select Add Movie, navigate to the folder where you saved the "dmsm" file and select it. After the project file is loaded, select burn to burn the DVD.

Bill did you bother to look at the link in post number 2? :angry2: That blue text is a link to the entire process.

You don't use "Save" to create a video. All that does is create a project file with the extension dmsm, it is not a video file.

To create a video file, select "Output " and then select the video format you want. If you want a video DVD, exit Videowave, launch myDVD (Create DVDs on the Roxio home page), select the type of DVD, then select Add Movie, navigate to the folder where you saved the "dmsm" file and select it. After the project file is loaded, select burn to burn the DVD.

Mr. Guru,

I followed your instructions and successfully made a Video Clip, a Movie Clip, and a WMA/V FILE. Now let us say I wanted to take a few of these and create a dvd of them, what would I do next. (I'm putting together a file called the GURU SAYS) so next time I won't have to ask the same dumb questions again. :D

Thanks for being there,

Bill in Las Vegas

You do it with Create DVD. Here are written instructions ( another link) since it is covered in the original link but apparently you are not a visual learner. Read it all but start around step 10 for a DVD.

Note the above is for EMC 9 but except for the names of the indivisual applications, the process is the same.

Another HINT; use the help files in the individual applications and the LEARNING Center at the bottom of the HOME page.

Edited by sknis

Mr. Guru,

I followed your instructions and successfully made a Video Clip, a Movie Clip, and a WMA/V FILE. Now let us say I wanted to take a few of these and create a dvd of them, what would I do next. (I'm putting together a file called the GURU SAYS) so next time I won't have to ask the same dumb questions again. :D

Thanks for being there,

Bill in Las Vegas

I don't know what you mean by "a video clip" and a "movie clip". They are the same thing. If you want to use the video clips in the final DVD then you should output to DVD mepg, best quality. If you output to anything else it has to be rendered again and you may lose quality.

I don't know what you mean by "a video clip" and a "movie clip". They are the same thing. If you want to use the video clips in the final DVD then you should output to DVD mepg, best quality. If you output to anything else it has to be rendered again and you may lose quality.

Thanks again. When I did the video output it gave me 4 alternatives, so I tried one of each but when I clicked on them they all opened in Windows Media Player. I'll attach a little pic. Got you, save in MPEG format. How do I burn a compilation of 6 of these MPEG to a dvd that can be viewed in a regular DVD Player?

I always learn so much from you Guru.

Happy Holidays,

Bill in Las Vegas

post-67114-008059800 1292428284.jpg

Are all the "Before and After" video clips the same excpt for the extention?

Open Create DVD -Advanced. Select the menu you want and then add the 6 different files as new movies. Burn to an ISO file at best quality and when that finishes, use Burn ISO file to DVD from the Home page.

That wmv file judging by the size is compressed and small. Unless it it differtent from the others, forget it.

Are you even looking at the links we are providing? We keep answering you and you keep asking the same question. I hope you are not try to jerk our chains ! :angry2: Take the time to read and try to understand ! :angry:

Edited by sknis

Thanks again. When I did the video output it gave me 4 alternatives, so I tried one of each but when I clicked on them they all opened in Windows Media Player. I'll attach a little pic. Got you, save in MPEG format. How do I burn a compilation of 6 of these MPEG to a dvd that can be viewed in a regular DVD Player?

I always learn so much from you Guru.

Happy Holidays,

Bill in Las Vegas

Why are there no extensions on the "before and After" clips? At the moment it is impossible to tell in which format the clips are? "Video clip", "movie clip" tells us nothing.

To combine them into one (continuous?) movie, launch myDVD, add the movies in the sequence you want them to play.

Are all the "Before and After" video clips the same excpt for the extention?

Open Create DVD -Advanced. Select the menu you want and then add the 6 different files as new movies. Burn to an ISO file at best quality and when that finishes, use Burn ISO file to DVD from the Home page.

That wmv file judging by the size is compressed and small. Unless it it differtent from the others, forget it.

Are you even looking at the links we are providing? We keep answering you and you keep asking the same question. I hope you are not try to jerk our chains ! :angry2: Take the time to read and try to understand ! :angry:

Yes the only difference is the way Roxio saved them (extension)

Thanks again for the tips, as I said I'm putting together a file called the Guru.

Yes I always go to the links you tip, but I am old and 100% disabled and sometimes my AIDS messes with my mental capacity. Forgive me for upsetting you, I won't do it again. I'll have someone come in a dig through my stuff and find the book that came with the software.

Sincerely,

bphata

http://www.billpattersonshata.com/medprobs.htm

Roxio’s Learning Center would be of greater use than the tiny book that accompanies the Suite…

post-39730-091221800 1292527124.jpg

If you don’t see the tab for it on the Home app, you will have to go under Tools – Preferences – and Enable it:

post-39730-044833000 1292527122.jpg

Thank you for your service.

I was in Korea in 64/65 & RVN 66/67.

Roxio’s Learning Center would be of greater use than the tiny book that accompanies the Suite…

post-39730-091221800 1292527124.jpg

If you don’t see the tab for it on the Home app, you will have to go under Tools – Preferences – and Enable it:

post-39730-044833000 1292527122.jpg

Thank you for your service.

I was in Korea in 64/65 & RVN 66/67.

Welcome Home!

How do I search the community for answers instead of asking OUTLOUD? I'm sure every answer is there but when I click on search up by calender I don't see a box to type in my query like "editing an mpeg".

I must know you I was in Korea from Jan 65 to Oct 65 then I reuped for Vietnam and was there Oct 65 till I was blown up on Oct 13th 1966 (5 days short of coming home) :-(

Thanks for your service,

Bill in Las Vegas

Welcome Home!

How do I search the community for answers instead of asking OUTLOUD? I'm sure every answer is there but when I click on search up by calender I don't see a box to type in my query like "editing an mpeg".

I must know you I was in Korea from Jan 65 to Oct 65 then I reuped for Vietnam and was there Oct 65 till I was blown up on Oct 13th 1966 (5 days short of coming home) :-(

Thanks for your service,

Bill in Las Vegas

Like Sgt Major James Hardin?

Welcome Home!

Thanks for your service,

Bill in Las Vegas

This might help you......I have found by putting too many words into the search it will give you too many hits. I took your example of "editing an mpeg". and removed the word "an"

Start here:

post-68-061939700 1292544533.png

When new screen opens, type in your search words.

post-68-038286200 1292544396.png

Its not the greatest search engine, try a few to get used to it.

Edited by ogdens

Hi,

I used my JVC camcorder to make a bunch of clips of my new home, the problem is I was mumbling while I was recording. So I started Roxio 2011 VideoWave, loaded all the great little clips, BUT I can't figure out a way to remove my darn mubling, is there a way???

Thanks in advance,

Bill in Las Vegas

Hi,

I used my JVC camcorder to make a bunch of clips of my new home, the problem is I was mumbling while I was recording. So I started Roxio 2011 VideoWave, loaded all the great little clips, BUT I can't figure out a way to remove my darn mubling, is there a way???

Thanks in advance,

Bill in Las Vegas

If you have the Pro version, then you have Sound Soap. That is a very good audio editing program. Navigate to the video file and right click on it. Select to extract the audio track (as a wav file). Open Sound Soap and do as much cleaning as you can without screwing up what you want to hear in the video.

If you don't have the PRO version. put the video into Video Wave, select to show the audio native track. Once it shows, double click on the audio track and an editor will open. See if you can do anything with that clean up..

If not good enough, navigate to the video file and right click on it. Select to extract the audio track (as a wav file). Close that and open Sound Editor add that wav file. See if you can get better cleaning with that. Save and close that out. Open Video Wave, again show the native audio track and mute it, Click the blue button on left in that track so that it turns red. Add the saved wave file to any of the other audio tracks (music/sfx/Narration).

Good luck. Perhaps for your next birthday someone will get you a directional microphone.

Thanks, after reading your reply I google "what is the best movie editing software" then read 10 different reviews and went with the "Cyberlink PowerDirector 9 Deluxe". I'm downloading right now. I should have done this 4 upgrades ago. But you finally convinced me that Roxio just can't do it, whatever I ask, it just can't do it.

Sincerely,

Bill in Las Vegas

I suggested three different ways to remove your voice from your recording and your response was - "But you finally convinced me that Roxio just can't do it, whatever I ask, it just can't do it."

It appears that you cannot or will not read responses carefully since that is not what I said. You were looking for an excuse to fix a picnic issue.

Good luck with Power Director 9. It is a fine program but much more difficult to run. I have or have had 6 different video editing programs. Power Director is the most difficult to get started with. Come back sometime and tell me if you were able to get your mumblings out of the audio easier than with Creator Or at all).