• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd playback jumping

Stan

Question

7 answers to this question

I cannot burn a DVD that does not jump when played back on my DVD player, any help??

Have you tried playing it on your computer drive? Some set top players don't like home made discs. Also, you should use the brand the manufacturer suggests.

Other than that, you've not given much information on how your dvd was made nor any system specs. Post more information and we might be able to come up with more suggestions.

Have you tried playing it on your computer drive? Some set top players don't like home made discs. Also, you should use the brand the manufacturer suggests.

Other than that, you've not given much information on how your dvd was made nor any system specs. Post more information and we might be able to come up with more suggestions.

Thanks. No it does not play back on the computer from the disk without jumping. It is an AVI file.

system

Windows XP

512mb Ram

1.79Ghz

Mobile AMD Athlon XP 2200+

Hope this helps.

stan.

Thanks. No it does not play back on the computer from the disk without jumping. It is an AVI file.

system

Windows XP

512mb Ram

1.79Ghz

Mobile AMD Athlon XP 2200+

Hope this helps.

stan.

Did you take the file directly into MyDVD or did you import into Videowave and do any editing?

At this point, I can only suggest trying another brand of media. I'm not yet convinced that it's the media as it could be the file or the process. I would assume the raw file plays fine as well.

Did you take the file directly into MyDVD or did you import into Videowave and do any editing?

At this point, I can only suggest trying another brand of media. I'm not yet convinced that it's the media as it could be the file or the process. I would assume the raw file plays fine as well.

Used video wave to combine 3 videos then use output to create the AVI then burnt it via DVD builder.

Used video wave to combine 3 videos then use output to create the AVI then burnt it via DVD builder.

Not sure what the problem is. It's always possible that there was other computer activity when it was encoding and caused a problem. Of course, keep your system defragged and try not to use the system for anything while it's doing it's business. Shut down any unneeded background programs also.

Other than that, I'm at a loss for more suggestions.

Not sure what the problem is. It's always possible that there was other computer activity when it was encoding and caused a problem. Of course, keep your system defragged and try not to use the system for anything while it's doing it's business. Shut down any unneeded background programs also.

Other than that, I'm at a loss for more suggestions.

thanks i will give it another go.

Archived