• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MyDVD 8 Error while  Encoding Movie 80070002

LDeslonde

Question

First, thank you to anyone who has posted the suggestions to update your video card. I had to do this earlier today, and it did solve some problems. But not all...

When burning a disk or a disk image in MyDVD8, I receive the following error message:

80070002 Error while Encoding Movie

Please help if you can. Here are my computer's stats:

E-machine T3092

Windows XP Pro 2002, SP2

AMD Athlon XP 3000+

2.17 GHz, 1.43 GB of RAM

Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU.

3 answers to this question

First, thank you to anyone who has posted the suggestions to update your video card. I had to do this earlier today, and it did solve some problems. But not all...

When burning a disk or a disk image in MyDVD8, I receive the following error message:

80070002 Error while Encoding Movie

Please help if you can. Here are my computer's stats:

E-machine T3092

Windows XP Pro 2002, SP2

AMD Athlon XP 3000+

2.17 GHz, 1.43 GB of RAM

Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU.

While not the same error message, the Hotfix listed above might be worth a try.

Thank you. I installed the hotfix and that did get me past the initial error. Then the burn process seemed to begin. Under the progress bar it said, "encoding movie." The first time I tried, it got to 7% and then hung up. The second time I tried, it got to 4% and hung up. Do you have any more advice?

Thank you. I installed the hotfix and that did get me past the initial error. Then the burn process seemed to begin. Under the progress bar it said, "encoding movie." The first time I tried, it got to 7% and then hung up. The second time I tried, it got to 4% and hung up. Do you have any more advice?

Let's not even try to burn direct to disc and stick with burning to an image file. If that still gets hung up, make sure your drive is defragged and clean and that you have closed out any background programs that are running or you don't need and don't play with the system while it's encoding.

It might also be a problem with the file itelf. What type of file is it? This can be a time consuming process and while your system is enough to do this operation, it's not the fastest car in the lot so it may just take some patience. Are you sure it hung up and is just not doing it's thing? You might want to start it before you call it a night and let it work while you're not. :)

Archived