Emc10 Calendar

dpwilson

Question

I am making my wife a monthly picture calendar for Christmas with Easy Media Creator 10 and have printed January through October with no problems - nice software. However, in November the year has changed from 2011 to 2010/2011 which, with the photo in place looks like 10/2011. I guess I could live with this but the main problem is that the software will not allow me to make a December page - will not go lower than November. Any suggestions - quickly? Thanks. dpw

14 answers to this question

I am making my wife a monthly picture calendar for Christmas with Easy Media Creator 10 and have printed January through October with no problems - nice software. However, in November the year has changed from 2011 to 2010/2011 which, with the photo in place looks like 10/2011. I guess I could live with this but the main problem is that the software will not allow me to make a December page - will not go lower than November. Any suggestions - quickly? Thanks. dpw

Under Preferences in the Calendar Wizard, there is a drop down for the year, you should be able to choose just 2011. Above that is a drop down for the months, you should be able to choose December. If that doesn't fix the trouble, tell us what template, if any, you are using.

Under Preferences in the Calendar Wizard, there is a drop down for the year, you should be able to choose just 2011. Above that is a drop down for the months, you should be able to choose December. If that doesn't fix the trouble, tell us what template, if any, you are using.

Thanks for your prompt reply. There is only one template in the monthly calendar section of the Calendar Wizard and it is called 'basic'. I used the drop down for January through October as well as the year. In the first ten months, the year displayed and printed as 2011. When creating November, the display is 2010/2011 - don't really understand why it would change, but it does. I don't know what it would display for December because I cannot select it from the drop down. December is there, but only January through November will highlight when selected by the cursor - December will not highlight or load. Thanks. dpw

You should have more than one monthly template. Did you install the content disc?

I'm not sure why you get the year combo. Did you try choosing to edit in PhotoSuite in Step 3 of the Projects wizard? If you haven't, try that. You should then be able to make further changes from within PhotoSuite.

I downloaded Easy Media Creator 2010 from Roxio - there are none of the options you mentioned available. There is only one monthly template and no Content Disk. Step 3 does not give any options other than Month, year, replace placeholder, add text and whether to begin on Monday or Sunday. Thanks. dpw

I downloaded Easy Media Creator 2010 from Roxio - there are none of the options you mentioned available. There is only one monthly template and no Content Disk. Step 3 does not give any options other than Month, year, replace placeholder, add text and whether to begin on Monday or Sunday. Thanks. dpw

I don't have EMC 10 installed right now, but I believe there should have been 2 files in your download, one includes the program files and the other the content files. To access more templates, you have to install the content files.

In the bolded sentence above, are you sure you are in Step 3? Those seem like Step 2 choices. You should be able to click Next to go to Step 3 and find the 'Edit in PhotoSuite' button available. Let us know if you can't find it, as there may be some other problem going on if it's not there.

Thanks for your help. I guess I didn't explain the situation well - I have completed ten months of the calendar and it is beautiful - better than I ever hoped. The only problem is November and December, but I guess the problem is that I have recently upgraded to W7. Perhaps W7 doesn't like November/December for some reason. I don't really remember what files came with my download - it was some time ago and I no longer have the download. I guess I will just look for another calendar creation software. Do you know if creator 11 has photo project assistant or should I look at something different? Thanks for your help. dpw

Thanks for your help. I guess I didn't explain the situation well - I have completed ten months of the calendar and it is beautiful - better than I ever hoped. The only problem is November and December, but I guess the problem is that I have recently upgraded to W7. Perhaps W7 doesn't like November/December for some reason. I don't really remember what files came with my download - it was some time ago and I no longer have the download. I guess I will just look for another calendar creation software. Do you know if creator 11 has photo project assistant or should I look at something different? Thanks for your help. dpw

Creator 2011 has the same calendar function with 4 options.

If I set the year as 2011 and start with January, then all the calendar months are correct. I tried it with starting the calendar with November and get the same 2011/2012 display that you do. I did not check too see if 2011 and 2012 calendar months are the same.

The same holds true for staring the calendar with November , Sept, etc. 2010 or 2011. I may be designed that way but I would not have any idea why. Obviously it is picking up the calendar from somewhere - Windows ? and not interpreting it correctly.

If I set the year as 2011 and start with January, then all the calendar months are correct. I tried it with starting the calendar with November and get the same 2011/2012 display that you do. I did not check too see if 2011 and 2012 calendar months are the same.

The same holds true for staring the calendar with November , Sept, etc. 2010 or 2011. I may be designed that way but I would not have any idea why. Obviously it is picking up the calendar from somewhere - Windows ? and not interpreting it correctly.

Were you able to access December?

Steve, if you have the option to Edit in PhotoSuite in Step 3, there should be another drop down within PhotoSuite itself to change the year. It's up on the horizontal toolbar. Any luck changing it with that?

Archived