• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Sound On Dvd

PicMan

Question

I have created about 20 DVDs from VHS tapes. I use Roxio Creator 2010 Pro,Version 1.2.193, SP2.1, installed on a Gateway PC with Windows XP, Version 2002, Service Pack 3.

I start with "Capture Video" using the Roxio Video Capture USB hooked up with a composite video cable to a Sylvania DVD/VHS player. I am using NTSC_M, the audio input USP 2861 Device.

Seven of the 20 DVDs do not have sound, the rest have sound. The seven tapes that made the seven DVDs have sound. Two of these DVDs were some of the first that I made. To be sure that the process was working, I put each of these two DVDs in my Toshiba Digital TV that has a built in DVD player. I viewed a portion of these DVDs, watched and listened to them.

These were done for a relative and I gave her six DVDs from six VHS tapes. She found that she had three that were fine and three that did not have sound. I got them back and tried them in my PC using Windows Media Player, no sound. I tried using Roxio Creator 2010 CinePlayer, no sound. I tired the Toshiba TV with the built in DVD player, no sound. I tried an LG DVD player that I have, no sound. I heard the sound on these DVDs once, but now I cannot get any sound.

It was at this point that I played all 20 of the DVDs and discovered that, as I mentioned, a total of seven DVDs did not have sound. Unfortunatly, my relative no longer has her VHS tapes, so I am unable to do another capture. I have tried using the Copy Disc feature in Creator 2010, but there was no sound on the copy. My question, is there a folder for the audio on the DVD when it is created? Is there any way to access the audio files? Is they any way to recover the sound?

(Note: I broke you post into paragraphs so that it was more readable.)

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived