• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Screen Resolution

CassElliott

Question

5 answers to this question

I am using a Dell Studio Laptop with a screen resolution of 1366 by 768 yet I get an error message when I try to dock the transition and other windows. Why is this ?

You can;t dock transition, etc windows using that resolution. They height part (768) has to be 1024 for the docking to work. I have the same problem with my laptop. Unless you can chnage the resolution, you are unable to use the docking feature.

You can;t dock transition, etc windows using that resolution. They height part (768) has to be 1024 for the docking to work. I have the same problem with my laptop. Unless you can chnage the resolution, you are unable to use the docking feature.

I thought that the system requirements were 1024x768 so a resolution of 1366 x 768 should be sufficient or am I missing something ?

I thought that the system requirements were 1024x768 so a resolution of 1366 x 768 should be sufficient or am I missing something ?

You are reading the minimum requirements. Some things, like docking take more.

Edited by sknis

Thanks for your help. I have now tried on my old desktop monitor as an external to the laptop and can dock now. Can the transitions be docked ? I can see that the media effects can be docked, but these seem to be the same as the transitions. What is the difference between media effects and transitions ?

Thanks for your help. I have now tried on my old desktop monitor as an external to the laptop and can dock now. Can the transitions be docked ? I can see that the media effects can be docked, but these seem to be the same as the transitions. What is the difference between media effects and transitions ?

Effects have transitions, text, video effects and overlays. Click on the small bar just below effects selector to select the one you want to work with.