Encoding Video Hangs

Oswald

Question

I was having issues with MyDVD 10, so I reinstalled it. Now when I'm trying to burn a movie (it doesn't matter which) at different spots in each movie the video will hang on a single frame, but the audio will continue. I left a couple projects to burn, and there didn't seem to be a problem, the whole project finished, I didn't notice till I tried to watch. Now, while watching the encoding, I can see the video freeze. I have no problem watching the movies on my computer, and each movie freezes at a different spot, but the movie will consistently freeze at the same spot.

No chapters, no alterations what-so-ever to the movies.

7 answers to this question

I was having issues with MyDVD 10, so I reinstalled it. Now when I'm trying to burn a movie (it doesn't matter which) at different spots in each movie the video will hang on a single frame, but the audio will continue. I left a couple projects to burn, and there didn't seem to be a problem, the whole project finished, I didn't notice till I tried to watch. Now, while watching the encoding, I can see the video freeze. I have no problem watching the movies on my computer, and each movie freezes at a different spot, but the movie will consistently freeze at the same spot.

No chapters, no alterations what-so-ever to the movies.

Update the drivers for your video card but in Video Wave, select tools, options ansd put a dot next to software, Try again

Clean up your hard drive - get rid of temp and tmp files and defrag frequently.

Come back if that diesn't help.

No, I'm working Vista. However, I'm not sure what I did. One time it doesn't work, the next it does. So, the problem appears to be resolved, but I'll reserve my judgement until after I've had a few successful burns.

That happens more often than expected! :lol: I like to call it a Windows/Roxio autorepair function ! :blink::rolleyes:

Just remember to keep your computer clean (CCleaner) and Defragged (Auslogics or Smart Defrag) and to reboot once in awhile. Also when you are doing a lot of editing in Video Wave and you start to have issues, clear the proxy files at the same place you set the software encode. The proxy files are temporary files that help open projects faster. Sometimes that get ghost entries of previous revisions. Clearing them force them to be recreated with what is currently in the project.

Archived