Remove All Registry Items For An Uninstall

Dragonlair

Question

Because of continuing problems and no response from Tech Support for those problem, I opted for a refund of my cost for Roxio Creator 2011. As demanded to qualify for that refund, I completely uninstalled the product and destroyed the DVD I received. As a result, I was unable to complete the "full" uninstall to remove all the registry keys.

I opened a ticket and was directed to the manual removal of the registry keys - which I successfully completed.

However, a further check shows a low more registry keys that are named "Roxio" than were in the list.

I am trying to find out if they can be safely removed since I have NO Roxio products on my machine. I found many keys in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and all begin with "CDDB" and include the name "Roxio". They are in 6 different groups.

Also, in C:\Windows\System32 there are several dll files with the name CDDB and Roxio and 6 match the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT groups.

Can these keys and these files be removed since I have no other Roxio products?

1 answer to this question