• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Why Are Converted Files On Desktop?

Endymion

Question

Hi,

I'm new to Toast and Tivo to go. I have Tivo to go transferring files from my Tivo and converting them for Apple TV; however, it's placing all the converted files on my desktop. I can't find which setting controls where these files are placed. Can someone point me to the setting I need to update to place these files somewhere else?

It may be staring me in the face but I've looked at the Tivo Transfer and Toast settings but can't see which changes this path.

Thanks for any help,

John

2 answers to this question

I'm not sure what converted files you're referring to. TiVo Transfer puts the transferred video to the location set in the application's preferences. When converting in Toast the location is set in the window that appears when the red button is clicked. Streamer transfers are located where the location is set in Streamer preferences.

I'm not sure what converted files you're referring to. TiVo Transfer puts the transferred video to the location set in the application's preferences. When converting in Toast the location is set in the window that appears when the red button is clicked. Streamer transfers are located where the location is set in Streamer preferences.

Thanks for responding. I was referring to the files output from Toast, not the transferred video. I am converting the files to put onto an iPad. In the Tivo Transfer preferences I have the "Automatically export transferred TiVo recordings to Toast" checkbox checked under the "Portable Devices" section. I never push the red button on Toast; the files are automatically passed there. In the Toast preferences, I had "Default for Automatic Tivo Exports" under the "Audio & Video" preferences set to iPad Automatic and under the "Change" dialog box the Save To: was set to Itunes instead of a specific directory. Under iTunes, I had not checked the option to allow it to consolidate the library so I guess the default was to dump it on the Desktop. I finally figured this out and after I set the consolidate option, the toasted files ended up in my iTunes library directory instead of my desktop.

Thanks again for responding.

John

Archived