Dvd-Rw Problem With Installation

desmoinesben

Question

Hey guys! Newbe here!

Any advice on why I can't even seem to access my DVD-RW drive? I discovered this while trying to install Roxio 2009. Nothing happened. I tried to run the program, but it was as if there was nothing there. The drive reads CD's fine, but won't read DVD's at all. Now, as far as computers go, I am definitely no expert, but I do know that when I put a DVD disc into the DVD-RW drive, something should show up! :)

I tested the disc on a friend's computer, and everything works fine there. By the way, this is Windows XP and I have done a full virus scan with nothing showing up.

2 answers to this question

Hey guys! Newbe here!

Any advice on why I can't even seem to access my DVD-RW drive? I discovered this while trying to install Roxio 2009. Nothing happened. I tried to run the program, but it was as if there was nothing there. The drive reads CD's fine, but won't read DVD's at all. Now, as far as computers go, I am definitely no expert, but I do know that when I put a DVD disc into the DVD-RW drive, something should show up! :)

I tested the disc on a friend's computer, and everything works fine there. By the way, this is Windows XP and I have done a full virus scan with nothing showing up.

If the same drive reads a CD but not a DVD I would blame the Drive a hardware failure.

Archived