jaxkeane

Editing Video With Videowave

Question

I am taking a bunch of old home movies and creating a movie in Video Wave. I want to only use certain parts of each video and I understand how I can create a new start and a new end. My question is once I've done a new start and new end; do I have to re-add the video to continue editing. For example - I add the video to video wave and it's 20 minutes total. I want minutes 3-6; then delete minutes 7-10; then use minutes 11-14 etc. I create a new start on minute 3 and a new end on minute 6. Do I then have to re-add the whole video and make new start 7 and new end at 10 minutes or is there an easier way to cut and splice??? Thanks, this is my first time editing video!

5 answers to this question

I am taking a bunch of old home movies and creating a movie in Video Wave. I want to only use certain parts of each video and I understand how I can create a new start and a new end. My question is once I've done a new start and new end; do I have to re-add the video to continue editing. For example - I add the video to video wave and it's 20 minutes total. I want minutes 3-6; then delete minutes 7-10; then use minutes 11-14 etc. I create a new start on minute 3 and a new end on minute 6. Do I then have to re-add the whole video and make new start 7 and new end at 10 minutes or is there an easier way to cut and splice??? Thanks, this is my first time editing video!

You can do all your trims and cuts all with with one load of the video.

The following links should help you to learn some of the basic task when editing video and burning DVDs. Links courtesy of users Karri and sknis

Beginner Video Tips for VideoWave and PhotoSuite

Steve's (sknis) Demo Videos Using Roxio EMC 8-10

Roxio MyMoments Tips and Tutorials

Roxio's Creator Learning Center

Steps to Making a DVD

You can do all your trims and cuts all with with one load of the video.

The following links should help you to learn some of the basic task when editing video and burning DVDs. Links courtesy of users Karri and sknis

Beginner Video Tips for VideoWave and PhotoSuite

Steve's (sknis) Demo Videos Using Roxio EMC 8-10

Roxio MyMoments Tips and Tutorials

Roxio's Creator Learning Center

Steps to Making a DVD

Thanks so much...very helpful!! I guess I shouldn't have waited till now to start for it to be ready for Christmas! :)

DUH!!!!!!

Thanks so much...very helpful!! I guess I shouldn't have waited till now to start for it to be ready for Christmas! :)

Maybe Christmas 2011:rolleyes: