• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 2011 Pro Hangs

SkyRunnr

Question

Hi, I purchased Roxio Creator 2011 Pro earlier today, and I am having problems with it hanging (not responding) when using the Video Copy & Convert application. When I select Movies for the add source and the Media Selector box opens as soon as I try to select the location of the movie it hangs and I get (Not Responding) next to media selector in the title bar. I have tried several times but I have not had any success with it. I installed the SP1 update immediately after installing the Creator 2011 Pro software and checked to see if there were any other updates.

PC - Custom Built

Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @2.83GHz

Ram: 4GB Dual Channel

Video: NVidia GeForce 9800 GT w/512MB GDDR3

Hard Disk: Seagate 1TB SCSI Drive

DirectX 11

Any suggestions on what I should do would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

12 answers to this question

You didn't answer my Question, you simple repeated your problem...

If VideoWave works, use VideoWave.

I believe I did answer your question. The first part of my reply was I can get the files to open in video wave. That would be ok if I want to convert but I also want to be able to do a straight copy also. Maybe I'm not making my problem clear. When the window opens so you can navigate to where the files are located that is when the program hangs. I can not figure why it hangs when using copy&convert but does not hang when using videowave. That is what I am asking for help with.

I believe I did answer your question. The first part of my reply was I can get the files to open in video wave. That would be ok if I want to convert but I also want to be able to do a straight copy also. Maybe I'm not making my problem clear. When the window opens so you can navigate to where the files are located that is when the program hangs. I can not figure why it hangs when using copy&convert but does not hang when using videowave. That is what I am asking for help with.

If the program hangs before you can do anything, I would suspect a faulty install. Shut off your anti-virus, put the program disc into your computer and when the option comes up, select to reinstall or repair. I'm sure your computer is up to date but just in case, use this as a reference.

In case you still have an issue:

Are the files on your system drive or a external drive?

What is the format of the files? Can you post a couple of seconds of one of the files on a file sharing site so we can try to use VCC. One such site is"Up for down". If you can do that, we can see if there is a problem with the format or if the issue is related to your particular set-up. Thanks.

Note: There were some issues with Copy and Convert with Creator 2010 and a patch was issued. Those problems did not show up in Creator 2011 so no patch was issued.

If the program hangs before you can do anything, I would suspect a faulty install. Shut off your anti-virus, put the program disc into your computer and when the option comes up, select to reinstall or repair. I'm sure your computer is up to date but just in case, use this as a reference.

In case you still have an issue:

Are the files on your system drive or a external drive?

What is the format of the files? Can you post a couple of seconds of one of the files on a file sharing site so we can try to use VCC. One such site is"Up for down". If you can do that, we can see if there is a problem with the format or if the issue is related to your particular set-up. Thanks.

Note: There were some issues with Copy and Convert with Creator 2010 and a patch was issued. Those problems did not show up in Creator 2011 so no patch was issued.

Yes my computer is up to date, both Windows 7 and my video card drivers. Files are stored on an internal drive (Seagate SCSI 7200RPM 1TB). I will uninstall the program and try reinstalling it and let you know how I make out.

Thanks

hey guru. you did not answer his question but advoided the issue as he expressed it. He can not open any source file with the add button. it has nothing to do with video wave. the add movie button will hang, and will not open any files, will not go to any available files in any folder. i have the same problem. Try answering his question instead of referring him to another program.

hey guru. you did not answer his question but advoided the issue as he expressed it. He can not open any source file with the add button. it has nothing to do with video wave. the add movie button will hang, and will not open any files, will not go to any available files in any folder. i have the same problem. Try answering his question instead of referring him to another program.

What view are you in folders or My media? What location is showing right side, up top,in the box with the drop down arrow?

hey guru, posted a work around using videowave and output, export as. Have you looked at that option and formats available? Does that option work?

Archived