• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No audio with capture device

nbaellie

Question

I have exactly the same problem-- with the video coming in fine but no audio at all. After looking under hardware and devices, there is a yellow exclamation mark next to my USB 2861 device, but not the capture device. It says there is a (Code 10) failure. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, etc etc.--- what else can I do?

4 answers to this question

Thanks for your further questions-- using windows vista, have Creator 2009 already previously installed, and used the USB driver install CD that came with the device, the capture device installed correctly, but not the audio part. I have made sure that all connections are correct with the red/white/yellow cables. What other information would be helpful? Not a computer goo roo so I'm not quite sure what other sorts of things you need to know. Thanks for your help!

Most often that means the driver didn't install correctly.

Go where the Yellow exclamation is and right click.Go to Update Driver and then when asked Browse to the disc and then have it search for the driver there.

After it updates the driver you should be ok.

You may have to restart to get the driver to load correctly.

If it updated correctly after the restart the yellow exclamation should be gone.

Most often that means the driver didn't install correctly.

Go where the Yellow exclamation is and right click.Go to Update Driver and then when asked Browse to the disc and then have it search for the driver there.

After it updates the driver you should be ok.

You may have to restart to get the driver to load correctly.

If it updated correctly after the restart the yellow exclamation should be gone.

I had had the device connected to the VCR when installing, after only plugging in the USB, it all installed correctly. Thanks for your help!

All is working wonderfully now!

Archived