Video Wave Crash

lesen67

Question

Hello,

I have a Acer T180 running Windows7 Home Premium, AMD Athlon 64x2 Duel Core 3800+, 4GB of RAM, Nvidia Gforce 6100 Nforce 405 graphics card.

When I try to load photos into Video Wave I get the following error message: "Video Wave has stopped working and will close." I have tried repairing the program from the control panel but this has had no effect. All my drivers are up to date including DirectX and the display driver.

I have read in previous posts about a "Batch File", can you please tell me what this is and how I can get it.

Thank you

9 answers to this question

Hello,

I have a Acer T180 running Windows7 Home Premium, AMD Athlon 64x2 Duel Core 3800+, 4GB of RAM, Nvidia Gforce 6100 Nforce 405 graphics card.

When I try to load photos into Video Wave I get the following error message: "Video Wave has stopped working and will close." I have tried repairing the program from the control panel but this has had no effect. All my drivers are up to date including DirectX and the display driver.

I have read in previous posts about a "Batch File", can you please tell me what this is and how I can get it.

Thank you

That computer doesn't seem to come with W7 as a standard. Did you upgrade? Was it a clean upgrade or did you install W7 over XP or Vista? Where did you get the W7 drivers for that computer?

That computer has a low end graphics chip. You do not have a card. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your computer from Acer. I could not find where Acer had W7 compatible drivers for that computer. Did you check with them? What I read in one NVidia forum is that the chip uses only about 64 G of graphics memory. That is not really enough.

Go here to download the drivers. but as I said before, W7 is not listed as an OS. Even with the drivers it may not it may not help.

First do these things and then try doing a repair on the program from the disc. If that doesn't work, you might want to consider buying a decent graphics card.

Edited by sknis

That computer doesn't seem to come with W7 as a standard. Did you upgrade? Was it a clean upgrade or did you install W7 over XP or Vista? Where did you get the W7 drivers for that computer?

That computer has a low end graphics chip. You do not have a card. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your computer from Acer. I could not find where Acer had W7 compatible drivers for that computer. Did you check with them? What I read in one NVidia forum is that the chip uses only about 64 G of graphics memory. That is not really enough.

Go here to download the drivers. but as I said before, W7 is not listed as an OS. Even with the drivers it may not it may not help.

First do these things and then try doing a repair on the program from the disc. If that doesn't work, you might want to consider buying a decent graphics card.

Hello, Thanks for the reply, you asked how I installed W7, it was a clean install from WXP. The drivers hopefully would have been on the W7 disc. I have also checked on the Acer site but there appears to be no new drivers available. As you have rightly pointed out I only have a chip set on this computer which may not be up to the job. All other drivers are up to date so I will try to re-install (repair) Video Wave from the disc and let you know what happens.

By the way, when I click on certain items in MY DVD I am prompted to download (and pay for) Roxio Cine Player, is this a vital part of Video Wave?

Thank You.

Hello, Thanks for the reply, you asked how I installed W7, it was a clean install from WXP. The drivers hopefully would have been on the W7 disc. I have also checked on the Acer site but there appears to be no new drivers available. As you have rightly pointed out I only have a chip set on this computer which may not be up to the job. All other drivers are up to date so I will try to re-install (repair) Video Wave from the disc and let you know what happens.

By the way, when I click on certain items in MY DVD I am prompted to download (and pay for) Roxio Cine Player, is this a vital part of Video Wave?

Thank You.

Something is wrong or you do not have Creator 2011 where you posted. CinePlayer is part of the suite. There are plug ins if you want to work with blu-ray and do not have the Pro version.

Something is wrong or you do not have Creator 2011 where you posted. CinePlayer is part of the suite. There are plug ins if you want to work with blu-ray and do not have the Pro version.

Yes I have Creator 2011 and Cineplayer is included I think it was a case of not being registered. I think you are right about an upgrade to the graphic card, I looked at the nVidia Geforce 9800GT but it seems this card requires a power supply of at least 500 watts, I only have 250 watts so I don't really want to change the power supply as well. If anybody has any ideas what card would work with my Acer T180 I would be grateful to hear from them. I also looked at the Sappire HD4350 512MB but I am not sure if this card would be suitable.

Just fitted a Radeon HD 4550 512MB graphic card into my T180, this has improved the performance quite a lot. But it was not the problem, I was using Internet Explorer 9 beta, I uninstalled this and reverted back to IE8, problem solved.

250 watt PSUs are absolutely bottom spec for just about anything - you do need something that can handle the current drain of a decent graphics card

Actually I haven't even seen a PSU with that low of a rating for a very long time now

Edited by gi7omy

Just fitted a Radeon HD 4550 512MB graphic card into my T180, this has improved the performance quite a lot. But it was not the problem, I was using Internet Explorer 9 beta, I uninstalled this and reverted back to IE8, problem solved.

You would have solved your problem, back in December, had you paid heed to the red lettering in sknis's signature, and dumped IE 9 Beta, then!

You would have solved your problem, back in December, had you paid heed to the red lettering in sknis's signature, and dumped IE 9 Beta, then!

Yes you are right should have looked more closely at the red type. My problem.