• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Question About A Present

slowbow

Question

Hey, I`ve got a question.

I got a different model of a dual layer disc burner for Christmas than the one I had asked for. It would seem shoppers are not as concerned abou compatibility issues as I was. Not that I`m dissapointed,just worried.

The burner came bundled with installation software from Nero. Now I`ve read some posts here that suggest Nero and Roxio conflict terribly, and I`am rather concerned about running the installation out of fear it may cause my Roxio Creator Pro 2010 to have problems. But then again, the software is just for the burner,and not editing.

Do you think I should just go ahead and install it? Or do you think this will create huge uninstall, reapair and reload headaches for me in the near future?

Any insight appreciated.

Edited by slowbow

3 answers to this question

Hey, I`ve got a question.

I got a different model of a dual layer disc burner for Christmas than the one I had asked for. It would seem shoppers are not as concerned abou compatibility issues as I was. Not that I`m dissapointed,just worried.

The burner came bundled with installation software from Nero. Now I`ve read some posts here that suggest Nero and Roxio conflict terribly, and I`am rather concerned about running the installation out of fear it may cause my Roxio Creator Pro 2010 to have problems. But then again, the software is just for the burner,and not editing.

Do you think I should just go ahead and install it? Or do you think this will create huge uninstall, reapair and reload headaches for me in the near future?

Any insight appreciated.

It shouldn't cause any problems but it was free with the burner, it's a OEM that usually only works when that drive is installed.

I run C2010 and Nero 7 full programs on one PC and C2011 with Nero 7 full programs on another PC and haven't had one problem..

The big problem years ago was having both Roxio and Nero installed with Roxio's Direct CD or Drag to Disc packet writing software installed and Nero's INCD packet writing software installed.

Thanks guys, that puts my mind at ease.

I hadn`t even thought of trying to run the thing without loading the software first. I`ll give that a shot.

Hopefully, I`ll be able to burn these files I`ve made with Roxio quite some time ago. I`ve got these videos I put together from vacations with friends, some as old as 2 years, ready to go as ISO files, but they are simply to long to burn on a 4.7 disc.