• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Drive Detected

nchoi888

Question

Recently replaced my dvd rom drive to a HP dvd writer and my Creator 2009 just refused to work. When I used the Copy disc function, both source and destination had 'No drive detected' displayed.

Looked up the discussion forum, downloaded 'PX Engine 4.18.16a' and ran it on my desktop(Windows Vista) as suggested by Digital Guru without any success.

I can see the drive and the files from Windows Explorer but Creator 2009 just can't pick it up.

Any other suggestions, please ??

3 answers to this question

Yes,here's a suggestion:

The PX Engine 4.x normally runs only as an updater rather than an installer. If you can run it with the installer switch it will do a full reinstall of the PX engine, and that should fix any broken parts in the Engine.

Try this please:

-check that the PX file from the ZIP download is actually named pxengine4_18_16a.exe, with underscores rather than dots.

-copy pxengine4_18_16a.exe into your c:\windows directory [copy/paste or cut/paste is good]

-click the Windows Start button, go to RUN and type the following command

pxengine4_18_16a.exe /pxhelponvista then click OK

The additional switch /pxhelponvista runs the file as an installer. Follow the prompts, and when it's finished restart Windows and try Creator.

Fantastic stuff, GURU ! Thanks for the wonderful help !!

It's working fine now and I am smiling again.

Yes,here's a suggestion:

The PX Engine 4.x normally runs only as an updater rather than an installer. If you can run it with the installer switch it will do a full reinstall of the PX engine, and that should fix any broken parts in the Engine.

Try this please:

-check that the PX file from the ZIP download is actually named pxengine4_18_16a.exe, with underscores rather than dots.

-copy pxengine4_18_16a.exe into your c:\windows directory [copy/paste or cut/paste is good]

-click the Windows Start button, go to RUN and type the following command

pxengine4_18_16a.exe /pxhelponvista then click OK

The additional switch /pxhelponvista runs the file as an installer. Follow the prompts, and when it's finished restart Windows and try Creator.

Archived