C2011 Compatibility With Older Creator Dmsd Projects

prnmatt

Question

I have been using MyDVD since 2003 and have had very-very good results creating both Standard DVD and double density DVD's utilizing jpg, video, and sound track combinations.

One of the strong points is upwards compatibility and the continued feature enhancements.

In the past I have always kept the old versions on my PC, but I cannot do this with C2011. When I Un-installed both and re-installed C2011, I could NO longer edit any of my C2010 projects.

Any ideas as to how I can upgrade my C2010 dmsd projects to utilize the added functionality of C2011 and beyond???

12 answers to this question

??? Never had any problem between 2010 & 2011. Even have one PC with Both installed on it.

Maybe a specific test you try and we can try the same?

I have been working with a rgonzales from Roxio Tech support, and I performed a dxdiag for him, and he advised me I had to upgrade my directX graphics to work with C2011. I did this upgrade, and now I can create any new C2011 project. The Roxio tech "rgonzales" told me I could not edit any of my C2010 files.

However, I tried editing one dmsd and received the error 8004520c - Error while encoding Movie 1.

I continue to get this error even tho I delete the new movie 1, until all movie files are deleted.

rgonzales is telling me "He found it easier for projects to continue them in the software in which they were created. There are variables such as pointers to assets used in your projects that are stored in files created by the original software".

I have been working with a rgonzales from Roxio Tech support, and I performed a dxdiag for him, and he advised me I had to upgrade my directX graphics to work with C2011. I did this upgrade, and now I can create any new C2011 project. The Roxio tech "rgonzales" told me I could not edit any of my C2010 files.

However, I tried editing one dmsd and received the error 8004520c - Error while encoding Movie 1.

I continue to get this error even tho I delete the new movie 1, until all movie files are deleted.

rgonzales is telling me "He found it easier for projects to continue them in the software in which they were created. There are variables such as pointers to assets used in your projects that are stored in files created by the original software".

As a specific test, since it requires large amounts of jpg & mov files, I have no way of your testing my specific situation, plus our installed drivers will most likely be different.

I am continuing to work with Roxio Tech support to see if there is a resolution to Creator compatibility. This is a big deal to me as I have 100's of dmsd files that require occational additions...

Thank you for your intended support.

I would expect you will run into this problem sooner or later.

Matt

I am continuing to work with Roxio Tech support to see if there is a resolution to Creator compatibility. This is a big deal to me as I have 100's of dmsd files that require occational additions...

Thank you for your intended support.

I would expect you will run into this problem sooner or later.

Matt

Are you sure you are not confusing Creator 2010 and Easy Media Creator 10? That would be more logical for the incompatibility.

Are you sure you are not confusing Creator 2010 and Easy Media Creator 10? That would be more logical for the incompatibility.

Good question, Yes I did have Easy Media Creator 10, but I only use MyDVD 10, which I thought was the same, but upgraded as MyDVD 11 in C2011; perhaps this is the issue?

Good question, Yes I did have Easy Media Creator 10, but I only use MyDVD 10, which I thought was the same, but upgraded as MyDVD 11 in C2011; perhaps this is the issue?

If you are using My DVD from the EMC 10 suite, then that is the problem.

There is a stand alone called MyDVD 10 Premier. I don't know what version that is. The version in Creator 2011 is 13. There is no stand alone version called MyDVD 11.

Projects created by EMC 10 are not compatible with Creator 2011. No tech will be able to make them compatible.

I would suggest you keep EMC 10 on your system and finish all EMC 10 projects. For new projects you would of course use C2011. The Videowave, myDVD, etc versions in C2011 are "13"s. Roxio in their wisdom really messed up the version numbering system and created all sorts of confusion.

Projects created by EMC 10 are not compatible with Creator 2011. No tech will be able to make them compatible. myDVD 10 is four version back from C2011.

I would suggest you keep EMC 10 on your system and finish all EMC 10 projects. For new projects you would of course use C2011. The Videowave, myDVD, etc versions in C2011 are "13"s. Roxio in their wisdom really messed up the version numbering system and created all sorts of confusion.

Regarding version confusion, I completely agree.

My problem is my EMC2010 library is very large, and I have been upgrading this library since 2003. in all cases, I have been able to upgrade all my MyDVD projects up thru EMC2010.

Also, if I look at EMC2010 vs. C2011 MyDVD, it looks exactly the same so I was under the impression MyDVD was simply contained within different marketing packages.

I simply cannot finish-off a project because they are on-going due to reunions, vacations, events, etc.

For example, one project contains on DVD each 5 year class-reunion. With each new class re-union, I add those jpg & mov files, and re-release a new dvd to their classmates; several classes use their DVD as a fund raiser. As it is now, I will need to release two DVD's, and more troubling, I don't know about future compatibility with the C2012 release.

Regarding version confusion, I completely agree.

My problem is my EMC2010 library is very large, and I have been upgrading this library since 2003. in all cases, I have been able to upgrade all my MyDVD projects up thru EMC2010.

Also, if I look at EMC2010 vs. C2011 MyDVD, it looks exactly the same so I was under the impression MyDVD was simply contained within different marketing packages.

I simply cannot finish-off a project because they are on-going due to reunions, vacations, events, etc.

For example, one project contains on DVD each 5 year class-reunion. With each new class re-union, I add those jpg & mov files, and re-release a new dvd to their classmates; several classes use their DVD as a fund raiser. As it is now, I will need to release two DVD's, and more troubling, I don't know about future compatibility with the C2012 release.

Still more confusion. I'm not sure what you are posting. THERE IS NO EMC 2010 ! EMC was just plain old 10 or 10.1. None of those projects are compatible with Creator 2009, 2010, or 2011 and won't be for Creator 2012 (probably). No versions earlier than Creator 2010 and 2011 are compatible with W7.

Would you please clarify what you are posting?

Archived