• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Reinstalling Creator 2010

FishGud

Question

I am trying to reinstall Creator 2010 on a new computer. I've returned to my order and I have downloaded the two files on the site. I tried to install the files and I got the message "Display Link is already installed". I uninstalled display link and again tried to install the Creator 2010 software. Display Link installed again but not Creator 2010. What am I doing wrong? I tried to install both downloads and was careful to install Creator before "content". But neither installs. Help??

• Answers 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still no cigar.....same thing happens. Don't understand why Display Link starts....it's an HP program.....something has to be missing from the Roxio installer or Windows 7.

I've installed it on three windows 7 computers, no problems.

All are home built PC's not HP's and no HP software present!

It's a HP Display Link problem or your PC is whacked.

Didn't HP recommend you re-install your operating system?

yes they did. I guess that'll be next.

Once last thing. Search the internet for Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility. Read the instructions and if the display link is listed, delete it. Install Creator 2010 and then the display link.

It's software that enables an hp dock to project an image on a monitor. Don't understand why it starts when installing creator. but I uninstall before I begin to install creator it installs and then the creator install just disappears????

Disable it in startup..

Read the last post in the link below..

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-systems-and/HP-Dock-software-stopping-from-auto-starting/td-p/171741

It worked!!!! I used the Clean up utility to uninstall Display Link, downloaded a new copy of the Roxio file to be sure I had a clean copy. I unzipped the Roxio file (had to download a trial version of WinZip) into a separate file on my desktop....someone on this blog told me to do that instead of using the self extracting file that I downloaded from Roxio.....double clicked setup.exe and it worked like a charm. I want to thank everyone that hung in there and helped. You guys are the best. Thanks so much. I can't tell you how relieved i am that this is finally over. thanks again one and all and have a very Happy New Year.

Didn't work. I followed the instructions in the post and tried to launch the Roxio install program. Display Link tries to install and if I say no the complete install program shuts down and temp files are deleted. No Roxio install.

Did you contact HP about the issue with "Display Link"? You are the first person to mention it. There could be some registry entry that is causing the problem. I'm not shuffling you off just to shuffle you off but perhaps HP has seen the issue with that application previously.

No guru abandoned you. We are non paid users and if you don't read the responses, try what is suggested and then respond, it can become very frustrating. Thsi is not a bulleting board so reponses may come later IF there are things to suggest. Also did you take into account Holidays and other family responsibilities. Personally. I'm offended and I wasn't the guru that was trying to help. :angry:

Did you look in your spam folder for responses from Roxio? That is where they normally are if you can't find them.

Archived