Slide Show Has Strange Transitions

carolct

Question

I'm using Creator 2010 Special Edition - VideoWave and MyDVD to create DVDs. I created a VideoWave project with captured video and still photos. Then I imported it into MyDVD and broke it into chapters. When I preview the chapter in MyDVD that has the still photos (that play like a slide show) sometimes between pictures (I have transitions between all photos) a previous picture will show up momentarily. I have tried changing the transitions between these pictures but it doesn't help. Does anyone know how to fix this?

The other question I have related to this is that it seems MyDVD copies my ViedoWave file into it because if I edit the movie while in MyDVD (which opens VideoWave to allow editing) and then go back to MyDVD and save it the original VideoWave project does not contain those changes. Likewise if I change something in the original VideoWave then open the MyDVD project that contains it the change does not show up. So it seems like if I want to fix something I either have to fix it in both places or delete the movie out of MyDVD and reinsert it. If I do the later I assume I will lose my chapters in My DVD and layout in MyDVD - is that true? Am I missing something here?

4 answers to this question

There are two things to try for the "strange transitions" problems. One clear out the proxy files (look under Tool/options) and two try switching the render method used (also under Tool/options)

As to your second problem, your understanding is correct in all aspects. I usually don't bother with chapters or wait until I am 100% sure of the final versions.

Thank you! It seems that changing the render method from hardware to software worked. Do you know what the difference between rendering methods is and is one better than the other?

Thank you! It seems that changing the render method from hardware to software worked. Do you know what the difference between rendering methods is and is one better than the other?

Yes, for you (and your computer) one works and the other one doesn't

The only difference is that you will not be able to use certain transitions.

I'm using Creator 2010 Special Edition - VideoWave and MyDVD to create DVDs. I created a VideoWave project with captured video and still photos. Then I imported it into MyDVD and broke it into chapters. When I preview the chapter in MyDVD that has the still photos (that play like a slide show) sometimes between pictures (I have transitions between all photos) a previous picture will show up momentarily. I have tried changing the transitions between these pictures but it doesn't help. Does anyone know how to fix this?

The other question I have related to this is that it seems MyDVD copies my ViedoWave file into it because if I edit the movie while in MyDVD (which opens VideoWave to allow editing) and then go back to MyDVD and save it the original VideoWave project does not contain those changes. Likewise if I change something in the original VideoWave then open the MyDVD project that contains it the change does not show up. So it seems like if I want to fix something I either have to fix it in both places or delete the movie out of MyDVD and reinsert it. If I do the later I assume I will lose my chapters in My DVD and layout in MyDVD - is that true? Am I missing something here?

There are two things to try for the "strange transitions" problems. One clear out the proxy files (look under Tool/options) and two try switching the render method used (also under Tool/options)

As to your second problem, your understanding is correct in all aspects. I usually don't bother with chapters or wait until I am 100% sure of the final versions.

I ran into this problem also, and clearing the proxy files was sufficient to end the problem. I searched the (so-called) help files as well as the online knowledge base and found no solution. So, thanks for suggesting the way out.

Archived