Removing Timestamp on DVD video

RamonaCV

Question

I have never read anything about a timestamp on camcorder DVDs nor have I come across a post about any Roxio program showing the timestamp. Perhaps you could explain a bit more. What is the make/model of the camera?

I have the same issue. My DVDs do not show the time/date stamp, but when I convert to WMV with the Roxio Creator 2011 video copy and convert, the time and date stamp appears. I record my DVDs with a Sony Handycam (DCR-DVD405)onto mini-DVDs, then copy them onto my computer to burn onto a full-sized DVD. I convert to WMV to more easily edit and select clips for emailing, etc.

The Handycam has an option called Sub-T Date. This allows the date/time to appear when played on devices that have a subtitle option. You can turn this option off on your camera. Or you can turn off subtitles on your player.

There is also an option in the Roxio Creator 2011 video copy and convert to select NONE for subtitles. I am trying that now to see if I get a time/date stamp free version of my movie.

7 answers to this question

I have the same issue. My DVDs do not show the time/date stamp, but when I convert to WMV with the Roxio Creator 2011 video copy and convert, the time and date stamp appears. I record my DVDs with a Sony Handycam (DCR-DVD405)onto mini-DVDs, then copy them onto my computer to burn onto a full-sized DVD. I convert to WMV to more easily edit and select clips for emailing, etc.

The Handycam has an option called Sub-T Date. This allows the date/time to appear when played on devices that have a subtitle option. You can turn this option off on your camera. Or you can turn off subtitles on your player.

There is also an option in the Roxio Creator 2011 video copy and convert to select NONE for subtitles. I am trying that now to see if I get a time/date stamp free version of my movie.

Thanks for explaining about the timestamp with DVDs. I know that there has to be some sort of timestamp with the video but have no experiance with it since I stll have a DV camcorder. It also records the timestamp but it does not appear on any video unless I use a 3rd party utility to put on the video.

Does the timestamp only appear when you convert to wmv or does it also appear when converting to other formats such as mpg or DV avi?

If the time/date has been rendered as part of the video, it would be close to impossible to remove. Each individual frame would have to be edited.

I think the time/date stamp is provided as subtitles, but the "no subtitles" toggle on the program doesn't work. At least that's the indication from other users who have asked how to remove subtitles in this software.

I tried the "no subtitles" option and it did NOT delete the time/date stamp so it appears I may be stuck with it. Any suggestions?

Are you using C2011 to do the conversion? If yes then we should move your posts because is forum is for a completely different. program

In C2011 you could try using Videowave and see if it will remove the timestamp.

Are you using C2011 to do the conversion? If yes then we should move your posts because is forum is for a completely different. program

In C2011 you could try using Videowave and see if it will remove the timestamp.

Oops, my bad. Yes, I am using C2011, copy and convert. I will try Videowave to remove the stamp. Not sure how, but will play around with it.

Archived