• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Wimpey

Music Tags

Question

With Creator 9 & 10 tag editor was avaliable in Explorer which made life easy, I have just installed Creator 11 and that option is no longer shown, is this now no longer an option or an error & I have to re-install to get it back.

Can anybody please help.

Wimpey

17 answers to this question

With Creator 9 & 10 tag editor was avaliable in Explorer which made life easy, I have just installed Creator 11 and that option is no longer shown, is this now no longer an option or an error & I have to re-install to get it back.

Can anybody please help.

Wimpey

That's one vote for and hundreds against. It was taken out if I am remembering correctly.

Are you using the one called Edit Song Information, aka RxTagEdit13.exe?

I think Wimpey is talking about the shell extension, right-click In Explorer that the earlier versions used, like this one which brings up the Tag Editor in EMC10.

post-208-088116900 1293670615.jpg

He can't find it in Creator 2011, and would like it back.

From Wimpey

Yes Brendon is right it was in Explorer menu at the top that Tag Editor was availiable, most useful when Taging single tracks. thanks for the interest shown.

Wimpey

From Wimpey

Yes Brendon is right it was in Explorer menu at the top that Tag Editor was availiable, most useful when Taging single tracks. thanks for the interest shown.

Wimpey

The answer I posted in #2 was for the issue you described.

I found a way of getting back the ability to edit music files from Explorer, I re-installed Creator 10 after installing Creator 11, Good news it worked OK, so I have the ability to edit from Explorer & use Creator 11.

I belive that if you try to put Creator 11 on the Computer before uninstalling Creator 10 it will give installation problems, but not Vice Versa.

Be interesting if others have found the same thing works.

Wimpey

I found a way of getting back the ability to edit music files from Explorer, I re-installed Creator 10 after installing Creator 11, Good news it worked OK, so I have the ability to edit from Explorer & use Creator 11.

I belive that if you try to put Creator 11 on the Computer before uninstalling Creator 10 it will give installation problems, but not Vice Versa.

Wimpey

Please use the right names ! :angry2: Your post is very confusing. Are you talking about Creator 2010 or are you talking about Easy Media Creator 10? I assume that you are talking about Creator 2011 and not anything else.

If it work, great; just don't upgrade to W7 or you will have problems either sooner or later. Easy Media Creator 10 is NOT compatible with W7.

Wimpey

I have installed Creator 2011, with Creator 2010 already on the hard drive, and I have the right click function, in Explorer, to edit song information.

I have installed Creator 2011, with Creator 2010 already on the hard drive, and I have the right click function, in Explorer, to edit song information.

Great; I was just pointing out about the issues with nomenclature EMC 10 VS Creator 2010 vs Creator 10.X DE.

Edited by sknis

Greate; I was just pointing out about the issues with nomenclature EMC 10 VS Creator 2010 vs Creator 10.X DE.

Yes, I know that you were. We will have to wait until the OP posts again, to find out what versions he/she really has.

Oh Sh*t.... I was going to upgrade to 2011 pro in the hope that the tag editor would have been improved only to find it has been removed. Any chance of it returning in 2012?

Why do they 'improve' things by removing parts of the suite?

Edited by EByGum

Oh Sh*t.... I was going to upgrade to 2011 pro in the hope that the tag editor would have been improved only to find it has been removed. Any chance of it returning in 2012?

I tried but could get anything out of the Roxio engineers ! :P

post-58-051936600 1295287252.jpg

The Tag Editor has NOT been removed. It is still there.

post-208-073574300 1295302843.jpg

The option in Windows Explorer to right-click on a music file and run the Tag Editor isn't there now. That's all.

But it will run the Creator 2010 editor, RxTagEdit12.exe, not the Creator 2011 editor RxTagEdit13.exe :)

Brendon

But it will run the Creator 2010 editor, RxTagEdit12.exe, not the Creator 2011 editor RxTagEdit13.exe :)

Brendon

I was merely responding to what Wimpey was "wondering" in Post #7 of this thread. ;)

That's excellent.

We're ALL here to give helpful information, aren't we? :)

That's excellent.

We're ALL here to give helpful information, aren't we? :)

Yes, and with Wimpey's setup, the right click works fine, as he has stated, in Post #7. :)

Edited by grandpabruce