• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Hate To Say It But No Video Signal

peterp205

Question

Hi

i got Easy VHS to DVD a few days ago went to intall it.

jumped in head first set up the capture card with all the wires up and plugged it in and when it came to the capturing it said no video signal was picking up audio though.

so i read a few posts tried deleting drivers using dervice manager as suggested on another thread deleted them all took out the capture card uninstalled roxio software tehn rebooted put CD in installed then plugged in capture card same problem still there audio no video

i looked on dervice manager unsder sound, video and game controller there is "roxio vdeio capture usb" and "USB 2861 dervice"

not sure if i did somthing wrong i dont belive i did

so please some help??

p.s. running OS windows 7 ultimate 64 bit on 2.13 (overclocked) somthing dual core with 4gb ram (not sure if you need more than that)

thanks peterp205

11 answers to this question

Most likely your SCART adapter...

Try one like this: AmazonUK

i am using a double ended RCA cable like this one... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Metre-RCA-plugs/dp/B00136X2YG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1293623286&sr=8-5

Edit. sorry didnt quite get what you meant no i have an adapter on the end of one but i know thats fine becuase i use it for multiple things.

right i tried wiring my xbox 360 to the capture card as i use this to play DVD's and dont have a DVD player anymore and same thing audio no video

its deffinatly on output btw so no problem there

just noticed the sound is on and off plays it for 2 secs then cuts out for 2 secs then repeats

right i tried wiring my xbox 360 to the capture card as i use this to play DVD's and dont have a DVD player anymore and same thing audio no video

its deffinatly on output btw so no problem there

just noticed the sound is on and off plays it for 2 secs then cuts out for 2 secs then repeats

Please clarify how you have Xbox hooked up to the Roxio USB devise, in the above you said you used a "capture card".

Please clarify how you have Xbox hooked up to the Roxio USB devise, in the above you said you used a "capture card".

well for the purpose of the test i simple turned the xbox onto TV seeting (so its wasnt in HD) then put this video, left audio and right audio into Roxio (the reason i said capture card is ive been on other sites trying to sort it they often call it a capture card)

Of course a capture "card" is indeed a CARD that goes in a computer. The Roxio Video Capture Device is as far from that as a dipstick is to a door handle :lol:

I don't know what else to tell you, you are saying everything is perfect but it doesn't work. You will have to return it.

lol sorry didnt mean to offened lol

hmmm i dont want to have to return it means ill have to wait for a new one :(:(

right i supose thanks for all the help ill sort out returning this one see if thats the problem

peterp205

Hey Pete -

Sorry you couldn't get it working.

Out of curiosity could you let me know what you were trying to capture?

Also, if you could include the signal flow, that would be awesome. It'd be helpful information to help troubleshoot other customers.

Here's an example of the signal flow:

VideoGame in XBOX 360 > RCA audio/video cable > Roxio USB Capture device > Windows 7 64 bit computer > Easy VHS to DVD

If you are outside of the US, let us know as frame rates and screen resolution can be an issue as well.

Thanks,

Jon

Archived