• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Iso Image File

outerbank

Question

Does an Iso Image file consist of all the supporting files used to create this file? Or, is it a complete file unto itself? Can the files in Videowave and Mydvd that were used to create the Iso Image file be deleted without affecting this file? I have moved a few Iso Image files to a external harddrive, along with the various Videowave and Mydvd files. Since performing this operation I have burned dvds from the Iso Image files with success. If I just moved an Iso Image file to the external harddrive without the other files, could a dvd be burned successfully?

5 answers to this question

Sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner. Took time off for Christmas. Thanks for the response regarding whether to go with a PC or Mac. And yes, I did miss Christmas in regard to buying a new computer. However, I spent enough as it is, and I won't wait till next Christmas to buy one.

An ISO image of a disc is an image of the complete disc, and contains all the information needed to make the finished disc. It does not rely on or need any supporting content files.

If you copied an ISO image onto a new computer with disc burning software installed and no photos or video clips on the system, it could make your finished disc.

Does that answer the question?

Yes, it does answer my question. Thank you very much. I thought that it might contain all the information necessary to burn a dvd because of the size of the Iso Image file. I am in the process of constructing 3 different slide shows, with limited memory on the hard drive on my computer. It's time that I got a more powerful computer with a faster CPU, larger capacity hardrive, more Ram, separate graphics card and sound card. Should I stick with Windows, or consider McIntosh?

It's time that I got a more powerful computer with a faster CPU, larger capacity hardrive, more Ram, separate graphics card and sound card.

Durnit! You just missed Christmas. Now you'll have to wait until next year. :)

Should I stick with Windows, or consider McIntosh?

Considering the debate I've seen on that subject, I think that's almost a religious question :lol:

In some places the two camps, Mac and PC, have been known to take up arms and go to war against the opposing camp. The word pairs "oil and water" and "chalk and cheese" spring persistently to mind.

I prefer PCs for me. Your answer will be personal to you.

It will depend, I believe, on

-what you want to do with your computer

-how much money you're prepared to spend on it

-how much control you want over both hardware and software

-how much time and effort you're prepared to invest on researching your choice

Cheers,

Brendon

Archived