• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Css Encrypted Discs

ericbo

Question

I've tried to convert my DVDs in a format compatible with my Ipad using Roxio 4, but each time I've tried and for every single DVD I got an error message saying that Roxio can't access CSS Encrypted DVDs...

Can anyone help me?

The only reason I bought Roxio 4, was to convert my DVDs to load them on my Ipad...

Thank you very much for your Help.

Eric

4 answers to this question

Unfortunately, unless the DVD package you bought includes a "digital copy" format to do what you want, then you're not allowed to make the copy you're trying to create. And Roxio will not help you do that.

You can convert your homemade DVDs, which don't have CSS Encryption, but not commercially created and CSS encrypted discs.

I've tried to convert my DVDs in a format compatible with my Ipad using Roxio 4, but each time I've tried and for every single DVD I got an error message saying that Roxio can't access CSS Encrypted DVDs...

Can anyone help me?

The only reason I bought Roxio 4, was to convert my DVDs to load them on my Ipad...

Thank you very much for your Help.

Eric

If you can download a copy of xxxxxxxxxxxr, you can remove the encryption and then copy it. It is only legal to do so, if you own the dvd, i.e., not rented. However, I have been told that xxxxxxxxxxxr is no longer available. But you can check it out.

Unfortunately, unless the DVD package you bought includes a "digital copy" format to do what you want, then you're not allowed to make the copy you're trying to create. And Roxio will not help you do that.

You can convert your homemade DVDs, which don't have CSS Encryption, but not commercially created and CSS encrypted discs.

Thank you very much Dave for your reply and info. I do understand.

Archived