• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Signal Protected

WestTexan

Question

My version of this program installed fine and is working except that I keep getting the message "Signal Protected". It seems to last from anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or so then goes back to being able to to capture the video. The video I capture seems to come out fine. I have read of this problem but not sure what the fix is. One question I have is that my version of the program I bought a while back. My computer is running Windows 7. I see there is a version for Windows 7. Would getting that version possibly help? I contacted Roxio help but they just keep refering me to places on their site that don't help my problem. Any help would be appreciated.

6 answers to this question

I keep getting the message "Signal Protected".

What kind of tape a bought movie (macrovision) or home made tape?

How are you connected be specific?

There are three versions click the link below and post you version #.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/64988-what-version-do-i-have/

Edited by cdanteek

My version of this program installed fine and is working except that I keep getting the message "Signal Protected". It seems to last from anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or so then goes back to being able to to capture the video. The video I capture seems to come out fine. I have read of this problem but not sure what the fix is. One question I have is that my version of the program I bought a while back. My computer is running Windows 7. I see there is a version for Windows 7. Would getting that version possibly help? I contacted Roxio help but they just keep refering me to places on their site that don't help my problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Well one problems I can see I have is the version. By looking at your explanation of versions I have the one that runs on Vista and XP. I have had this for awhile so that explains the version. I looked online for any updates for this problem but have not found any. I am trying to convert 8mm tapes from my old Sony Camcorder. I am using the USB capture that came with it and plugging in the red, yellow and white connections to it then to my camera. Yes, these tapes are older so I am wondering if that may be part of the problem or just the fact I have the wrong version. Also if I buy the Windows 7 version what are the chances I will have the same problems. I would really like to convert these tapes. They are mostly of my daughter's swimming competitions. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Roxio has 40% off Creator 2011 and Creator 2011 PRO and includes a 30 day like it or your money back. I would choose the Pro version and use your USB Device that came with you Easy VHS to DVD. ;)

Have a Coupon Code? ROXIO40OFF

Edited by cdanteek

The simple way to beat macrovision is use a older VHS machine ( if you can find one ) Macrovision was introduced in the early 90's ( 92 - 93 ) I use two OLD Panasonic machines and it plays with no macrovision detected.

You responded to a 2 year old thread. The original poster has not been back to report if he ever solved his problem.

Also the poster stated he was using home videos