• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Runtime Error Opening Any Roxio Application

TD2

Question

Creator Premier

Version: 10.3

This was purchased through Dell on a new computer running Windows 7 Professional.

Error Message: Runtime Error!

Program: ...iles\Roxio

Shared\10.0\SharedCom\RoxWizardLauncher10.exe

I've read through everything I could find involving Runtime errors. I've done the "msconfig" thing

unchecking Common SDK and have disabled Roxio Hard Drive Watcher. (There was no RoxWatchTray listed) Rebooted - Still get the same error messages. The solutions here seem to center around uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Guess I'm out of luck since I have no Roxio software disks. Am I missing something? Thanks for your help!

5 answers to this question

Under Your Service Tag ~ Downloads.

Call them if you have any problems, they will get you pointed in the right direction.

Be sure to burn it as I mentioned, they limit the number of downloads for that.

Thanks Jim,

I did download the program from Dell's website. However, I never used it. When I went to uninstall the program there was an option to repair it. Thought I 'd give that a try. It would run and then say it was missing a file. Using the windows search function I ended up repairing 6 or 7 different files before the original repair attempt was successful. Took probably 20 minutes or so, but finally the repair was successful. Now, everything seems to work perfectly. Thanks for your help.

You don't have Roxio 2010 but rather the cut down version of EMC 10 that Dell includes.

You will have to download the file for it from Dell and burn it to disc (CD).

Then you can unistall - reboot - reinstall.

Questions about that version should be in THIS forum.

Thanks for your quick response!! I'm not sure where to find the thing on Dell's site, but I'll give it a try.

Archived