• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 66 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Rob Christiansen

Back Up Software

Question

5 answers to this question

I have Creater 2011 pro. I have windowsXP, home edition. I have a 2 TB external hard drive. I want to back up my Creater 2011 software. Please send instructions.

On the Home page click on Backup and Restore, when that opens click on Help.

post-68-062961300 1293752931.png

The instructions are there.

Edited by ogdens

Ok. That I see. Thanks for showing me. But how do I tell it to just backup creator 2011 – just what I would need to restore, should my creator fail?

Why don't you simply burn copies of the C2011 discs or burn the downloaded files to a DVD? Or copy the files to another drive? There is no need to use backup/restore at all.

Backing up just your installed C2011 would be pretty useless if it could even be done.

Ok. That I see. Thanks for showing me. But how do I tell it to just backup creator 2011 – just what I would need to restore, should my creator fail?

Rob,

Your installed Creator 2011 consists of:

-program folders and sub-folders with Roxio files arrayed in them

-DLLs and driver files installed into various of Windows' folders

-registry settings and entries which control how all those files and folders interact with each other and with Windows and the hardware of your system.

If your Creator 2011 should fail in some way you should be able to repair it, but you can only "restore" it by:-

[1] restoring your complete working system disc from a complete 'Disaster Recovery' backup or

[2] reinstalling the software from your installer DVD or the downloaded Roxio files, whichever way you bought Creator 2011. If you bought a download, the first thing you should do is burn the downloaded files to disc for safekeeping.

I hope this clarifies things for you.