Creator 2009 Wants To Reinstall

BBates

Question

Anyone having this kind of problem? I ran Registry Edit and cleaned my system. Now every time i reboot, my system starts the Windows Installer to reinstall Creator 2009. It goes through the "configuration review" then comes back and asks for the location of the install file (.msi) I point to my C; drive where the program is installed and I bomb out with a 1706 error.

I have a laptop, with XP Pro, running 2009 for over a year, 4 GB mem, Intel Duo at 7500 processors and plenty of hard disk.

So I sent a trouble ticket to Roxio only to be told that 2009 is not supported as a legacy product. I am not a happy camper about that........

Any one see this before?

4 answers to this question

Registry edit? Do you mean you went through the clean install instructions? If so, why did you do that?

My Bad! I ran registry cleaner (registry mechanic) not reg edit. The cleaner took some files away. I had already done a control panel and did a repair and seems to have fixed the problem. My question is all of a sudden this happened after running the registry mechanic and creator 2009 for over a year together and never had the problem. So I am trying to figure out what caused this new scenario?

PS: I am also not happy with the Roxio response that 2009 is a legacy product........

Also by the way I love the image of the yellow lab as I have two labs (one white and one fox red) myself.

Thanks

I'm glad the repair worked as suggested :)

I don't know what might have changed for you. Nothing has changed in the old Creator 2009, so perhaps something changed with your registry cleaner.

Sonic/Roxio only provides support for two seasons, and Creator 2011 is upon us, so Creator 2009 goes out the door. I guess it's part of their policy to reduce costs and maximize profits. They've now been bought by a bigger company, but I don't know if the new owner will institute different policies.

Yes, seen that before when an over-enthusiastic cleaning program rips something out of the registry that should have been left there.

The .MSI file is an installer file, and won't be where the software was installed to. It is where the software was installed from. That's why you get the 1706 error - the installer can't find the .MSI file.

You might be able to fix this by inserting your installer disc, locating the particular .MSI file, and pointing the installer to that location.

OR

If Creator 2009 allows a "Repair" in the Control Panel > Add/remove programs menu, that might do the trick.

Otherwise

You'll need to reinstall Creator 2009 from your installer disc, and remember not to hit it with your registry cleaner in the future. :)

Happy New Year

Brendon

Anyone having this kind of problem? I ran Registry Edit and cleaned my system. Now every time i reboot, my system starts the Windows Installer to reinstall Creator 2009. It goes through the "configuration review" then comes back and asks for the location of the install file (.msi) I point to my C; drive where the program is installed and I bomb out with a 1706 error.

I have a laptop, with XP Pro, running 2009 for over a year, 4 GB mem, Intel Duo at 7500 processors and plenty of hard disk.

So I sent a trouble ticket to Roxio only to be told that 2009 is not supported as a legacy product. I am not a happy camper about that........

Any one see this before?

Registry edit? Do you mean you went through the clean install instructions? If so, why did you do that?

Archived