• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Installation Of Creator 2011

Ron_in_Denver

Question

I have Creator 9 installed.

I downloaded Creator 10 Pro and never uninstalled Creator 9 as I thought Creator 10 added files to Creator 9.

I now have Creator 2011 Pro in my download folder.

So should I uninstall both 9 and 10?

And which of the downloaded 2011 Pro is the first file to start the install?

I the the following files:

Roxio2011Content_J898AXD0SQA

Roxio2011ProDisc2_J701AXD0FUL

Roxio2011ProDownloadManager

RoxioCreator2011PRO_JA08NXD0R14

All of the above state that they are an "application"

Thanks, Ron

1 answer to this question

I think the Roxio2011ProDownloadManager was used to download the files (but not sure). I would try installing the others in the following order and see if this works:

RoxioCreator2011PRO_JA08NXD0R14

Roxio2011ProDisc2_J701AXD0FUL

Roxio2011Content_J898AXD0SQA

I have Roxio Easy Media Creator 10/Roxio Creator 2010 Pro/Roxio Creator 2011 Pro all installed on a system running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit since EMC 10 is the only one I know how to use to make DVD movies (where the disc have the VIDEO_TS folder on it) and never could figure it out how to do this with Creator 2010 Pro or Creator 2011 Pro.

Also since the 2011 Content, 2011 Pro Disc 2, and 2011 Pro files are .exe or .msi files (if that is what you meant by application files) download 7-zip (I would give the web site but I'm not sure if that is allowed here - so use Google to find it) and install it. Then right-click on each file and when the context menu shows on the screen goto 7-zip and click on Extract to "xxxxxxxxxx\" (NOTE: xxxxxxxxxx is the file name before the .exe). Do this for each .exe or .msi file and make sure that you extract each file into seperate folders (this should happen if you followed the extracting instructions above). After you extract each one, then open one of the folders to see all the files/folders that were in the .exe/.msi file that was extracted. Then either left-click on one of the item ONCE and then press CTRL+A to select all or Edit>Select All and then drag and them to a current version of Roxio that is working with NO ISSUES and to create a new data disc and burn to CD or DVD (depending on how big each folder is) so that way you have the files as backup. When you need to use the backup disc to reinstall you might need to open the disc to see the contents in it to find the .exe or .msi needed to install it.

Archived