Uninstall Problem

boongsong

Question

I know this issue was addressed in another post. I have the same problem and the solution provided in the other post, as well as going to the Tech Spt page, typing in Missing Certificate, the same solution is there, the problem persists.

My problem is, after disabiling all firewalls, virus, spam, etc. I click on the Creator 2010 link on the page provided, the zip file downloads. When I move it to my desktop, and click on it the Activation Form appears. However, when I click on the "Reset License and Time Lock" button, nothing happens except I get two audible tones and nothing else.

Because of this issue, I'm unable to open Media Manager.

Here's a little background. I was having problems deleting over 2500 photos from MM and after 8 days of trying and asking questions on various forums, finally decided to uninstall Creator. Had a lot of problems - kept getting error code 04C7 and 0643. Finally used CCleaner and got it uninstalled. I then used my original disc to reinstall. Had a lot of trouble with it - kept rolling back and failing. Finallly, after installing Photo Show, Creator 2010 finally installed. That's when the problem with Media Manager showed-up. Photo Show opens but I haven't tried any of the other aspects.

I'm at a loss on what to do now. Any help in getting and the certificate reinstalled greatly appreciated.

I'm using an HP s5310f with 600g hd and 400g mem. Win 7, IE8 and Norton 2010.

post-75160-078070200 1293829741.png

3 answers to this question

I'm using an HP s5310f, 600g hd, 400g mem, Win 7, IE8, Norton 2010. I currently have 496g free

I've been trying for two days to reinstall Creator 2010, using the original installation disc. My problem started when I asked in various forums how to delete/remove 2500+ photos (from 2008/2009) from Media Manager.

Using the guidance provided, i.e., clean uninstall, nothing worked. I ended-up using CCleaner to get it uninstalled.

When I tried to reinstall, I got all kinds of errors. Here is a small portion of those: Com Server wrapper for VxBlock.dll not closed; CPS commontools12.dll missing; CP monitor appl not closed; Roxio Burn and Roxio Burn Launcher not closed; Contentmerger12.exe missing.

Even if I click on the force close, it continued to install but many elements missing (see atchs).

Now, when I try to do another "clean uninstall" using Control Panel, all I get is the error code 04C7.

Any ideas how I can get 2010 back into my computer?

post-75160-001633600 1293986960.png

post-75160-056319200 1293987010.png

I'm using an HP s5310f, 600g hd, 400g mem, Win 7, IE8, Norton 2010. I currently have 496g free

I've been trying for two days to reinstall Creator 2010, using the original installation disc. My problem started when I asked in various forums how to delete/remove 2500+ photos (from 2008/2009) from Media Manager.

Using the guidance provided, i.e., clean uninstall, nothing worked. I ended-up using CCleaner to get it uninstalled.

When I tried to reinstall, I got all kinds of errors. Here is a small portion of those: Com Server wrapper for VxBlock.dll not closed; CPS commontools12.dll missing; CP monitor appl not closed; Roxio Burn and Roxio Burn Launcher not closed; Contentmerger12.exe missing.

Even if I click on the force close, it continued to install but many elements missing (see atchs).

Now, when I try to do another "clean uninstall" using Control Panel, all I get is the error code 04C7.

Any ideas how I can get 2010 back into my computer?

I still think your computer is screwed up !

Do you know there are KB articles and pinned posts that cover everything you have asked? Go to support then Home. Select Creator 2010 and then search for your issues. You will find a lot there.

This is a pinned postat the top of this section of the forum. It discusses missing applications.

This is another one that may help.

Also you know better than to double post ! :angry:

I know this issue was addressed in another post. I have the same problem and the solution provided in the other post, as well as going to the Tech Spt page, typing in Missing Certificate, the same solution is there, the problem persists.

My problem is, after disabiling all firewalls, virus, spam, etc. I click on the Creator 2010 link on the page provided, the zip file downloads. When I move it to my desktop, and click on it the Activation Form appears. However, when I click on the "Reset License and Time Lock" button, nothing happens except I get two audible tones and nothing else.

Because of this issue, I'm unable to open Media Manager.

Here's a little background. I was having problems deleting over 2500 photos from MM and after 8 days of trying and asking questions on various forums, finally decided to uninstall Creator. Had a lot of problems - kept getting error code 04C7 and 0643. Finally used CCleaner and got it uninstalled. I then used my original disc to reinstall. Had a lot of trouble with it - kept rolling back and failing. Finallly, after installing Photo Show, Creator 2010 finally installed. That's when the problem with Media Manager showed-up. Photo Show opens but I haven't tried any of the other aspects.

I'm at a loss on what to do now. Any help in getting and the certificate reinstalled greatly appreciated.

I'm using an HP s5310f with 600g hd and 400g mem. Win 7, IE8 and Norton 2010.

I'm confused. Are you installing/reinstalling Creator 2010 or PhotoShow 6? You try too many things that you don't understand or do properly and that can really get you into trouble.

This may be another problem caused by Norton. Did you shut it off or did you just pause it for the installs? Did you disable the registry cleaner part of Norton?

Did you use CCleaner to uninstall the program and clean the registry? That will also give you problems.

You can try removing both Creator and PhotoShow using REVO uninstaller in the MODERATE Mode - let me repeat -MODERATE MODE. It will clean out the programs and do a moderate (safe) registry clean. It will start by making a back up of your registry before doing anything. Get Revo for cnet; it is free.

Make sure that Norton is off during the install and that it is NOT doing any registry cleaning. Other thaN the REVO, never do any registry cleaning!

Archived