• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Mydvd Basic V9

JZamFL

Question

This is a new purchase of the above software. All associated hardware can be attached if required, but I believe that this is a configuration issue, not necessarily a compatibility one.

Every so often, the ROXIO installer fires off and tries to find MyDVD9.msi. The installer fails to find this file. I've searched the installation CD and have not found it.

This is especially odd because I was using the ROXIO software yesterday without this particular problem.

Before I uninstall and reinstall, I just wanted to ask the forum what the best plan of action was.

Thanks!

John

5 answers to this question

This is a new purchase of the above software. All associated hardware can be attached if required, but I believe that this is a configuration issue, not necessarily a compatibility one.

Every so often, the ROXIO installer fires off and tries to find MyDVD9.msi. The installer fails to find this file. I've searched the installation CD and have not found it.

This is especially odd because I was using the ROXIO software yesterday without this particular problem.

Before I uninstall and reinstall, I just wanted to ask the forum what the best plan of action was.

Thanks!

John

New purchase? Where did you get it? It has not been sold by Roxio for several years and I believe it is a limited version of EMC 9 with some features missing or crippled.

What operating system are you running? If W7 then the program will not work.

If it was working yesterday then what did you change/update on your system?

New purchase? Where did you get it? It has not been sold by Roxio for several years and I believe it is a limited version of EMC 9 with some features missing or crippled.

When you say "it has not been sold," what are you referring to? I purchased ROXIO's Easy VHS to DVD at Best Buy for this Christmas. I believe that the installer is erroneously looking for this "MyDVD9" program, or maybe the Easy VHS to DVD program employs a combination of ROXIO programs, including the MyDVD9 one.

As I said, I don't believe that this is an OS issue, since it is intermittent in nature. My OS is Vista Home Premium. No OS updates or updates of any kind were performed.

If I ignore the pop-up dialog to install MyDVD9, the Easy VHS to DVD program continues. It's annoying, but ultimately usable.

I'm glad that you mentioned the W7 issue. I want to upgrade away from Vista, and was thinking about 7. I guess I should get all of the videos off before I make that upgrade. Could I bother you to tell me the nature of the incompatibility?

Please consider this issue closed, and thanks for your quick response.

Someone moved my question from the original forum for Easy VHS to DVD to this forum.

This is a purchase of Easy VHS to DVD.

Someone moved my question from the original forum for Easy VHS to DVD to this forum.

This is a purchase of Easy VHS to DVD.

Nowhere in your first post did you mention VHS2DVD but referred to myDVDBasic V9. So how would anybody know that you had purchased VHS2DVD?

You state that you have never updated your Vista,.If you had read the requirements you would have seen that VHS2DVD requires SP2.

Have you had any previous version of Roxio installed?

Nowhere in your first post did you mention VHS2DVD but referred to myDVDBasic V9. So how would anybody know that you had purchased VHS2DVD?

You state that you have never updated your Vista,.If you had read the requirements you would have seen that VHS2DVD requires SP2.

Have you had any previous version of Roxio installed?

Whoa.... some of the responses in these forums are absolutely vitriolic and accusatory.

After purchasing EASY VHS to DVD, once I had questions, I took the time and went to the forum entitled "EASY VHS TO DVD" and originally posted my question in that specific forum. Someone else moved it - perhaps based on the "MyDVD9" content - into another forum. This was NOT my doing. However, please realize that no one was more confused than I was to see the installer request a product (MyDVD9) that was clearly NOT part of the package that I had purchased (Easy VHS to DVD).

As for the upgrade responses, I assumed that the person asking the question noted that I mentioned that the software worked for a time. Further, I assumed that they were asking whether I had upgraded anything /in the interim/ that might explain this discrepancy . So yes, I had used and was using Vista SP2, but I had not upgraded anything in the interim.

The workaround is to ignore the pop-up and continue.