• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Rants

boongsong

Got many issues with problems encountered with Creator 2010 and "expert" responses. It is an extensive rant and I would like to type it off line and post it via attachment.

Possible?

You have been told that the problem is with your computer and failure to follow instructions. Rants are ignored (or worse) on this site. You should write up your rant and send it directly to Roxio.

You can always copy and paste. Warning that any personal attacks are not looked upon kindly.

You have been told that the problem is with your computer and failure to follow instructions. Rants are ignored (or worse) on this site. You should write up your rant and send it directly to Roxio.

You can always copy and paste. Warning that any personal attacks are not looked upon kindly.

Not true. Problem is not my computer. I have restored all files from Dec 12, 2010 from an off-site back-up. I once again used REVO to uninstall Creator and again received the error code 04C7.

Is there nobody that can explain that to me? If so, I will close this out and forever forget Roxio

You have been told repeatedly your computer is messed up. No-one here would know how or why it happened. - apparently you have also tried MS and been told the same thing (from one of your earlier posts)

"...What I really don't understand is why, if I'm using the original installation disc I purchased, am I encountering all of the error codes and missing dlls? I also got the same response from MS Forums. ..."

Why can't you just accept the fact that's time to save your data, bite the bullet, re-format and re-install. The problems will NOT go away on their own

On a side note - do you also intend posting a rant to the MS Forum because they told you the same thing?

What is the point in posting an extensive rant about last year's software?

What does last year's software have to do with anything. I purchased it and expected it to perform the way it was advertised.

I'm retired and on a fixed income and cannot afford to be spending a lot of money to upgrade eveytime something new comes out like most people do. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the software to last more than 1 year before it is "trash".

In my opinion, your response is not very professional and certainly does not address my specific issue(s) concerning Creator.

I'm not the "sharpest knife in the drawer", but I certainly am not stupid.

Enough on this issue. I will not go the "rant" route, but, I certainly will let anybody that is interested know of my problems and solutions that didn't work.

Thank you for your response.

You have been told repeatedly your computer is messed up. No-one here would know how or why it happened. - apparently you have also tried MS and been told the same thing (from one of your earlier posts)

"...What I really don't understand is why, if I'm using the original installation disc I purchased, am I encountering all of the error codes and missing dlls? I also got the same response from MS Forums. ..."

Why can't you just accept the fact that's time to save your data, bite the bullet, re-format and re-install. The problems will NOT go away on their own

On a side note - do you also intend posting a rant to the MS Forum because they told you the same thing?

Nothing worth a response.

Thanks to all you guru's who tried to resolve this issue. Unfortunately I'm stuck with an installation disc that won't install Creator to its original state thanks to issues with Roxio errors.

Got many issues with problems encountered with Creator 2010 and "expert" responses. It is an extensive rant and I would like to type it off line and post it via attachment.

Possible?

Let me apologize for this post. I also apologize to all the guru's who attempted to help.

I have been under a lot of stress due to the death of my mother Dec 19, 2010 and extenuating circumstances, and problems I've encountered. concerning providing the disposition of her.

With that, and all the problems I encountered with Creator 2010, I needed to get the frustrations off my chest.

Again, thanks to all involved in this.

My sympathy on the loss of your mother. I take care of my 84 yr old mother so I know how stressful it can be. We understand the frustration of software that doesn't seem to work as expected. However, collectively we have had many of the same issues with applications and sometimes files get corrupted with no immediate apparent reason. There usually IS a reason. We just can't know the reason by posting messages back and forth. So the best course in some cases is to reinstall Windows OS. If you have a computer that you purchased, it could be as simple as pressing a single key at boot and answering a few prompts. This restores the computer just like it came out of the box. If you aren't comfortable doing this, find a friend that can help. Good luck.

My sympathy on the loss of your mother. I take care of my 84 yr old mother so I know how stressful it can be. We understand the frustration of software that doesn't seem to work as expected. However, collectively we have had many of the same issues with applications and sometimes files get corrupted with no immediate apparent reason. There usually IS a reason. We just can't know the reason by posting messages back and forth. So the best course in some cases is to reinstall Windows OS. If you have a computer that you purchased, it could be as simple as pressing a single key at boot and answering a few prompts. This restores the computer just like it came out of the box. If you aren't comfortable doing this, find a friend that can help. Good luck.

Thanks for the kind response. I've decided to just forego Roxio. I certainly don't want to go back to "zero" as I did that with my previous computer and it never worked the same after that. Maybe, sometime in the future, I might reconsider 2011. Right now, 2010 has left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Again, thank you for your help.

P.S. - One question. I did get Creator reinstalled but I don't have any media manager, Video wave, or anything like that. Any idea what happened to it if I used the original installation disc?

Just wondering

Thanks for the kind response. I've decided to just forego Roxio. I certainly don't want to go back to "zero" as I did that with my previous computer and it never worked the same after that. Maybe, sometime in the future, I might reconsider 2011. Right now, 2010 has left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Again, thank you for your help.

P.S. - One question. I did get Creator reinstalled but I don't have any media manager, Video wave, or anything like that. Any idea what happened to it if I used the original installation disc?

Just wondering

Did you have your antivirus software ON while installing? This is usually the culprit. ANYTIME you install software, you should disconnect from the internet and turn OFF any antivirus software. Then install the software. There are several reasons. 1st - the antivirus software will probably try to scan each file slowing down the process 2nd - Anitvirus software can prevent some software from writing to the registry like some malware/virus will do.

Creator is probably installed on your machine, but some of the registry entries are missing which doesn't allow the application to show up or run correctly.

Did you have your antivirus software ON while installing? This is usually the culprit. ANYTIME you install software, you should disconnect from the internet and turn OFF any antivirus software. Then install the software. There are several reasons. 1st - the antivirus software will probably try to scan each file slowing down the process 2nd - Anitvirus software can prevent some software from writing to the registry like some malware/virus will do.

Creator is probably installed on your machine, but some of the registry entries are missing which doesn't allow the application to show up or run correctly.

I believe I did once without success. Creator is installed but still missing Media Manager and Videowave. I guess I can do another clean uninstall, disconnet from internet and turn-off Norton and MS security features and try again. Always get crazy error messages like CPS commontools12.dll and ROXIOPPEMC12.dll missing. Haven't been able to find a way to reinstall those. Seems they are the major obstical.

One more question. While perusing the knowledge base area, I ran across a statement re backing-up. This is what it said:

We also recommend backing up your serial number by registering your product. When you register your product, you'll create an account where yo can store your current and previous software purchases of Roxio software if you should ever need to reinstall

When I check my account, it shows Creator there but no links or anything re downloading. Do you know if that pertain only to what was purchased online and not in a walk-in store?

I believe I did once without success. Creator is installed but still missing Media Manager and Videowave. I guess I can do another clean uninstall, disconnet from internet and turn-off Norton and MS security features and try again. Always get crazy error messages like CPS commontools12.dll and ROXIOPPEMC12.dll missing. Haven't been able to find a way to reinstall those. Seems they are the major obstical.

One more question. While perusing the knowledge base area, I ran across a statement re backing-up. This is what it said:

We also recommend backing up your serial number by registering your product. When you register your product, you'll create an account where yo can store your current and previous software purchases of Roxio software if you should ever need to reinstall

When I check my account, it shows Creator there but no links or anything re downloading. Do you know if that pertain only to what was purchased online and not in a walk-in store?

Disconnected DSL and disabled everything in Norton and MS Security and uninstalled McAfee. Same result.

Disconnected DSL and disabled everything in Norton and MS Security and uninstalled McAfee. Same result.

The registration just stores the relevant CD keys (in my case going back to ECD 4)

Unfortunately, as suggested elsewhere (and in the MS forums from what you have said), it seems your OS is damaged enough to make the install impossible. All I can recommend is shifting critical data off onto either a DVD (using Windows writing) or onto USB sticks and re-format.

It's not that traumatic - I had to do it recently when one of my IM programs stopped printing text on the screen (it's very difficult to have a conversation when you can't see what you or the other person is typing), but I did recognise it as an OS problem when any attempt at repair gave the same error

The registration just stores the relevant CD keys (in my case going back to ECD 4)

Unfortunately, as suggested elsewhere (and in the MS forums from what you have said), it seems your OS is damaged enough to make the install impossible. All I can recommend is shifting critical data off onto either a DVD (using Windows writing) or onto USB sticks and re-format.

It's not that traumatic - I had to do it recently when one of my IM programs stopped printing text on the screen (it's very difficult to have a conversation when you can't see what you or the other person is typing), but I did recognise it as an OS problem when any attempt at repair gave the same error

Ouch!!!! If what you said is correct, then I restore hd back to original condition. That shouldn't be a problem as I have an off-site backup facility. What I don't understand is everything else works normally and I didn't have this problem until I uninstalled Roxio in an attempt to remove over 900 photos that were in the Media Manager.

If you think that I should restore to 1st day condition, please let me know. The cumbersome part is restoring all of my files - estimates are 1 day. Euuw!!!

Ouch!!!! If what you said is correct, then I restore hd back to original condition. That shouldn't be a problem as I have an off-site backup facility. What I don't understand is everything else works normally and I didn't have this problem until I uninstalled Roxio in an attempt to remove over 900 photos that were in the Media Manager.

If you think that I should restore to 1st day condition, please let me know. The cumbersome part is restoring all of my files - estimates are 1 day. Euuw!!!

Gee, I'd consider that pretty "light". On the occasions when I feel it's time to reload the OS, I usually figure 2 or 3 days to get back to a "mostly recovered" state, and then it's another month or two during which I find an application here and there I didn't reinstall, or some fonts that got used somewhere that still need to be restored.

As long as you've got all you're data files backed up starting "from scratch" is painful, but can get you back to a fast and productive system.

Just my two cents.

Gee, I'd consider that pretty "light". On the occasions when I feel it's time to reload the OS, I usually figure 2 or 3 days to get back to a "mostly recovered" state, and then it's another month or two during which I find an application here and there I didn't reinstall, or some fonts that got used somewhere that still need to be restored.

As long as you've got all you're data files backed up starting "from scratch" is painful, but can get you back to a fast and productive system.

Just my two cents.

LOL - Very entertaining response. Thanks. When I said 1 day, that was for a partial restore. No idea how long a complete restore

would take and somewhat apprehensive to do so because everything else in my computer works fine - even Roxio Photo Show. Makes me wonder what the problem really is - why Creator will load without Media Manager, Video Wave, MY DVD, etc. Oh well. Probably won't do the restore as long as everything else is working.

In another forum (error codes), it suggested that I upload the Roxio Log Files. Did that. When I came back, someone (I presume Tech Spt) was roaming around in my computer. Stayed that way for close to hour. Haven't had any response to 3 emails sent to tech spt or the "authorized" intrusion. Hopefully they will respond in the not too distant future. Not going to worry about it because I have three other programs that will do the same thing. Just like Creator better but can live without it.

Thanks for great response. Have a Great New Year!!!

Thanks for response. Mullling it over now. I think Roxio Tech Spt was looking around in my computer because after I uploaded Roxio logfiles, and returned, my computer was screwing-up and when I clicked on a page in the task bar, the window that came up said looking for log files.

Just curious as to what they found. Will let you, and others who helped, know what the outcome is later today or whenever tech spt gets back to me.

Again, thanks

LOL - Very entertaining response. Thanks. When I said 1 day, that was for a partial restore. No idea how long a complete restore

would take and somewhat apprehensive to do so because everything else in my computer works fine - even Roxio Photo Show. Makes me wonder what the problem really is - why Creator will load without Media Manager, Video Wave, MY DVD, etc. Oh well. Probably won't do the restore as long as everything else is working.

In another forum (error codes), it suggested that I upload the Roxio Log Files. Did that. When I came back, someone (I presume Tech Spt) was roaming around in my computer. Stayed that way for close to hour. Haven't had any response to 3 emails sent to tech spt or the "authorized" intrusion. Hopefully they will respond in the not too distant future. Not going to worry about it because I have three other programs that will do the same thing. Just like Creator better but can live without it.

Thanks for great response. Have a Great New Year!!!

Did you "authorize" Roxio to roam around in your computer?

Did you "authorize" Roxio to roam around in your computer?

Yes. I included that authorization in one of my support tickets in a desperate attempt to see if they could find out what was wrong. I noticed activity on my computer after I uploaded Roxio Log Files to them.

Haven't gotten any response from them from the 4 tickets I submitted (I closed 3 of them) nor on the "snooping".

Time will tell, I guess.

I have an off-site back-up but, unfortunately, I didn't know that it doesn't b/up everything. I had to go to the file(s) and check them and if they were selected for b/up, I had to click on that option. Won't happen with any of my other software - they're all on back-up now.

Thanks for your concern.

Archived