• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Trying To Burn A Dvd Movie Folder

Gnomechucks

Question

So I havent used Roxio since version 7 and am trying to figure version 2010 out. The old versions used to have an option to find a dvd movie folder on your pc, and quickly burn it to a dvd movie disc. A few clicks was all thats needed. I do not see that option anywhere and am trying to figure it out without wasting a bunch of blank discs. Now it looks like I either have to drag and drop the VIEO_TS folder into a data disc project (that option didnt always work on all players) or what seems more likely: go through the whole process of selecting all the dvd files and importing those into the Roxio Mydvd program. Is this MyDVD program the only way to burn dvd movies? If the movie I want to burn already has all its menus and everything ready to go in the files on my pc, do I need to use this Mydvd thing or just a straight up data disc copy?

3 answers to this question

So I havent used Roxio since version 7 and am trying to figure version 2010 out. The old versions used to have an option to find a dvd movie folder on your pc, and quickly burn it to a dvd movie disc. A few clicks was all thats needed. I do not see that option anywhere and am trying to figure it out without wasting a bunch of blank discs. Now it looks like I either have to drag and drop the VIEO_TS folder into a data disc project (that option didnt always work on all players) or what seems more likely: go through the whole process of selecting all the dvd files and importing those into the Roxio Mydvd program. Is this MyDVD program the only way to burn dvd movies? If the movie I want to burn already has all its menus and everything ready to go in the files on my pc, do I need to use this Mydvd thing or just a straight up data disc copy?

post-97-032592500 1294004288.jpg

post-97-014880400 1294004293.jpg

post-97-036759200 1294004291.jpg

So I think I figured it out? You have to use the "Copy and convrt video" option, which takes you to a new interface. From there you select the VIDEO_TS folder you want and you burn the movie from there. Correct? If so, then cool, I think I got it. It just seems like they could have streamlined the interface a little better and added this to the "movie" tab of the main interface and called it "Copy dvd movie folder already on your pc" or something. This way new users are not confused by a different interface. It would be nice if new versions of Roxio will have thier secondary programs like the converter or dvd maker import each project into the main burning interface.

Archived