My Own..

westow3

Question

I have the same problem. I have been trying to install Creator Pro 2011 since August. I had hoped that SP1 would have solved this problem, but it doesn't. I have uninstalled completely using the Roxio "last resort" uninstall batch file, I've turned off everything autoloading in set up using msconfig, I've turn off my anti-virus, nothing works. I'd sure like to be able to see the tutorial videos some how. I sure hope there will be a 2012 version where the Roxio Central screen displays the icons to the full Roxio suite like my 2009 version did without a problem. I suspect Roxio is using html to power the Central menu page and that RoxioCentralFx.exe.config might be tweaked in some way to get this to work. IF ANYONE WHO HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM AND HAS FIXED IT PLEASE POST A SOLUTION. I've installed this version way too many times with no luck at all. You are NOT alone!

(P.S. as mentioned above, I can access the programs through the Windows Start Menu. Using XP Home, SP3.)

5 answers to this question

I am only interested in hearing back from users who have experienced the same problem I have and have been able to fix it. Lists of more things to try like deleting all versions of .NET are about as interesting to me at this point as reinstalling XP just to try to get icons to show up on the Roxio Central menu screen.

I am only interested in hearing back from users who have experienced the same problem I have and have been able to fix it. Lists of more things to try like deleting all versions of .NET are about as interesting to me at this point as reinstalling XP just to try to get icons to show up on the Roxio Central menu screen.

I have but since you don't want to listen fine and good luck..

The proper display of icons from the splash screen brought up by "RoxioCentralFx.exe" is hardware dependent. It won't work on a Lenovo T61 ThinkPad with the NVIDIA Quadro NVS 150M. It also doesn't work on my wife's Lenovo ThinkPad SL500. The applications will all run properly when individually selected from the XP profile's run menu. What is your computer and what is your video card?

Attachement shows defect.

Regards, JM

post-88269-045292000 1294033737.gif

The proper display of icons from the splash screen brought up by "RoxioCentralFx.exe" is hardware dependent. It won't work on a Lenovo T61 ThinkPad with the NVIDIA Quadro NVS 150M. It also doesn't work on my wife's Lenovo ThinkPad SL500.

So Leveno has bad hardware?

Archived