Photosuite Crashes When Printing To Adobe Pdf Printer

securix

Question

Dear,

Every time I try to print pictures or an album on the Adobe PDF printer, the program crashes. It gets a Windows exception.

Nevertheless, all my other programs (MS Office Suite, OpenOffice, IDE, ...) have no problem with that virtual printer.

I have a Dell laptop with Windows 7 OS. The Adobe PDF printer is part of the official Adobe Acrobat PRO suite.

Roxio provides no updates for my current version either ...

I am desperate!

Regards,

-- Bart --

3 answers to this question

Dear,

Every time I try to print pictures or an album on the Adobe PDF printer, the program crashes. It gets a Windows exception.

Nevertheless, all my other programs (MS Office Suite, OpenOffice, IDE, ...) have no problem with that virtual printer.

I have a Dell laptop with Windows 7 OS. The Adobe PDF printer is part of the official Adobe Acrobat PRO suite.

Roxio provides no updates for my current version either ...

I am desperate!

Regards,

-- Bart --

Did you get any error messages/numbers?

Why are you printing to a virtual printer?

Do you have any other graphics program that you can try printing to that virtual printer?

What format are you trying to print?

Is there a size issue that could come into place. Either as space on your computer or on your hard drive.

How do you have your virtual memory set?

Are your printing to your system drive or to a USB type device?

Please confirm that you have Creator 2010 - the forum where you posted.

Edit: Bart, I have a virtual printer on my computer as part of the SnagIt program and I was able to print to that with no problems. I do have Creator 2011. It is not the same program but it is a virtual printer.

Did you get any error messages/numbers?

No, only the Windows 7 window that announces that Photesuite stopped running

Why are you printing to a virtual printer?

I do not have a printer on my laptop, hence, I print to a PDF file

Do you have any other graphics program that you can try printing to that virtual printer?

Yes, I can print the photos by inserting them into Powerpoint.

What format are you trying to print?

JPG and the Photosuite Album format (DMSP)

Is there a size issue that could come into place. Either as space on your computer or on your hard drive.

No, more than 100 GB free space.

How do you have your virtual memory set?

Max 8196 GB on HD. Should not be an issue.

Are your printing to your system drive or to a USB type device?

To the harddisk, however, it does not come so far. The program crashes before the driver can prompt for the folder and file name. Hence, the error occurs before any output is generated

Please confirm that you have Creator 2010 - the forum where you posted.

Yes Roxio 2010. The program does something which causes a Windows exception. I cannot see why this program cannot use the defined printers like all the other programs do.

Edit: Bart, I have a virtual printer on my computer as part of the SnagIt program and I was able to print to that with no problems. I do have Creator 2011. It is not the same program but it is a virtual printer.

Edited to get replies out of quote.

Archived