• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio 9 And 10 Are A Complete Disaster

Mycroft

Question

I upgraded to version 9 quite some time ago and have never been able to burn a DVD with that product since. I was finally convinced by Roxio to upgrade to version 10. Well, I was never even able to read real physical version 10 DVDs shipped by Roxio on my machine. Many go arounds with Roxio support only made things worse, not better.

As of this weekend, I finally solved the whole issue. I bought a DVD burning package from a company called NERO and it works fine on the same machine that the Roxio software STILL doesn't work on.

Goodbye Roxio. I should have listened to some of my compatriots sooner and dumped your software after version 8.

2 answers to this question

I upgraded to version 9 quite some time ago and have never been able to burn a DVD with that product since. I was finally convinced by Roxio to upgrade to version 10. Well, I was never even able to read real physical version 10 DVDs shipped by Roxio on my machine. Many go arounds with Roxio support only made things worse, not better.

As of this weekend, I finally solved the whole issue. I bought a DVD burning package from a company called NERO and it works fine on the same machine that the Roxio software STILL doesn't work on.

Goodbye Roxio. I should have listened to some of my compatriots sooner and dumped your software after version 8.

You realize of course that V9 and v10 are four years old!

I dropped Nero when I discovered that it lacked many of the Roxio features. Good Luck with Nero and Good Bye.

BTW, Roxio is not my software.

I hope your employer knows that you are using company computer time to post rants that just don't make sense. Did you ever come here for help or did you just now stumble on the site. Why are you just now ranting about versions that are several years old?

All video products work for those who have the intelligence and patience to use it. Most of us have more than one. The one I will not use is the one you mentioned because it if somewhat limited.

Archived