• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Hp Pavilion Dv8000 W/ Tsstcorp Cd/dvdw Ts-L532M Issue

ghosefacek

Question

I've searched previous posts and tried some other fixes but nothing worked. I recently bought Roxio 2011 and could not burn any Data Discs onto DVD+Rs. So I reinstalled Easy Media Creator 9 since I am more familiar with that version. I can burn audio cds and I can use Creator Classic to burn back ups of .mp3s .avi XVID etc. but only on CD-R and DVD-R. However, I can not burn these files to a DVD+R. I have tried Memorex, Sony and HP DVD+Rs. I read in a previous post to just use DVD-R if you can't get DVD+Rs to burn, but my DVD player will not recognize them. Everytime the disc gets close to completion I receive a D:TSSTCorp CD/DVDW TS-L532M "Write Error-Medium Error."[03/0C/00] I have tried burning at all speeds and using multiple mediums as well as doing a complete uninstall/reinstall. Any ideas as to how to fix this?

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Once you have the .iso image, then you can burn that with imgburn or whatever - all you're doing is manually separating two different functions (creating the rendered file and then burning it).

If the image file writes successfully, then the software is fine

I created and burned an image in EMC. I guess the software is fine. Why would the drive keep crapping out when I was trying to do only a data disc?

The Sony discs should be fine (but Memorex and HP are fit for the trash can).

Try wriging an image file (to the hard drive) as a .iso and see if you can get that to work first. It's possible you have a faulty drive with the write failing at the end (that's why it won't play in a standalone as it's not completing the lead out)

03/0C/00 is a drive error code (not a software one) and it's the drive itself saying it's failing to write

The Sony discs should be fine (but Memorex and HP are fit for the trash can).

Try wriging an image file (to the hard drive) as a .iso and see if you can get that to work first. It's possible you have a faulty drive with the write failing at the end (that's why it won't play in a standalone as it's not completing the lead out)

03/0C/00 is a drive error code (not a software one) and it's the drive itself saying it's failing to write

Thanks for the response. I forgot to mention that I have used ImgBurn to burn .iso's to a DVD+R but this was only to backup a PS game not create .mp3 or .avi DVDs. Since ImgBurn worked I figured it was a software issue.

Once you have the .iso image, then you can burn that with imgburn or whatever - all you're doing is manually separating two different functions (creating the rendered file and then burning it).

If the image file writes successfully, then the software is fine

Archived