• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cannot Retrieve Data From Backup Dvd

mynamehere

Question

I have a DVD on which I backed up a large amount of data using Roxio 7 Creator Classic ("Copy files to disc"). I did this over many sessions, each time using "Import data from an appendable disc." From the beginning, I used Roxio encryption.

So now I need to retrieve the data. I insert the DVD in the drive and try to open Launch_retrieve.exe, but the DOS box opens and the following error dialog comes up:

The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.

CS:0587 IP:0103 OP:63 2d 74 68 65 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

post-91090-041118400 1294150563.jpg

If I select "Close," the whole thing closes. If I select "Ignore," the DOS box locks up and I have to terminate it with "End Task."

I know the DVD is partially corrupted because if I try to copy the DVD using Roxio 7, it gets partway through and then hangs up. Also, I can copy most of the files to my hard drive, but some of them will not copy. Of course, I can't use any of these files because they are encrypted.

Also, the AUTORUN.INF file looks corrupted, though it might be encrypted for all I know.

I have tried executing Launch_retrieve.exe from the hard drive (the Roxio folder), but it doesn't look for the DVD from there.

So I have the encryption password and a DVD with what appears to be a ton of good data (maybe a couple of places that can't be read), but I cannot retrieve the data.

Can anyone help, please?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet