Problems With "cineplayer Dvd Decoder Pack 2.3.1 Esd

Wabager

I downloaded the product but I still can't get visuals on my computer. I hear the dialog but no video!

I was directed to buy this product becasue I recently had to strip my computer clean and had no DVD capabilities. I am NOT computer savy and am not sure if i was sold a bill of goods I didn't need.

I have Windows XP Home Edition it is a 2002 model. I have "Sonic Cineplayer on my computer

I downloaded the product but I still can't get visuals on my computer. I hear the dialog but no video!

I was directed to buy this product becasue I recently had to strip my computer clean and had no DVD capabilities. I am NOT computer savy and am not sure if i was sold a bill of goods I didn't need.

I have Windows XP Home Edition it is a 2002 model. I have "Sonic Cineplayer on my computer

I refer you to this post. Answer all the questions to the best of your ability and we'll be able to help with more efficiency.

Don,t know why I keep trying , but can't get this program to do anything . Not a happy camper ! But I am glad to see I'm getting some of my money back with the rebate ! Looks like once again I wasted some money !

Tom, why are you posting in this thread? You may be upset but there are several people trying to help the original poster.

So far, I don't see that you have asked for help anywhere.

• 3 months later...

There is a BIG difference between this "cineplayer Dvd Decoder Pack 2.3.1 Esd"

And this, "I have "Sonic Cineplayer on my computer"

What exactly do you have and for what operating system?

post-97-048305600 1294155561.jpg

post-97-060490800 1294155562.jpg

I have Windows XP Pro (fully updated) and I've just downloaded cineplayer dvd decoder for windows xp at the special offer price of $14.99. Having installed it, Windows Media Player simply doesn't recognise a video disk inserted into the dvd player.

Help please?

I have Windows XP Pro (fully updated) and I've just downloaded cineplayer dvd decoder for windows xp at the special offer price of $14.99. Having installed it, Windows Media Player simply doesn't recognise a video disk inserted into the dvd player.

Help please?

This is from Windows 7 but what are you AutoPlay options set for?

post-97-024643300 1302537051.jpg

TVM:

For video files its set to autoplay in Windows Media Player.

Windows Media Player simply doesn't recognize a video disk inserted into the dvd player.

CinePlayer DVD Decoder for Windows XP allows you to watch authored DVD Video disc's, like commercial bought DVD's.

Explain the video disc your trying to play?

CinePlayer DVD Decoder for Windows XP allows you to watch authored DVD Video disc's, like commercial bought DVD's.

Explain the video disc your trying to play?

It's a training disk by Andrew Robson on playing bridge. It works perfectly in my desktop PC but not in my laptop although both have the same setup for Media Player. As I wanted to study it when on holiday abroad I'd like to have it playing in my laptop.

Thanks for your interest.

Ken

According to this Dell site, it will read -R DL but not write to them...

post-97-079426700 1302784938.jpg

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/storage/p71024/en/specs.htm

OK, I have no other ideas. What else could possibly be wrong? It appears to find the disk ok as the loading icon appears but then nothing. Looking at the drive in 'My Computer' doesn't report 'no disk' but doesn't show any content either!

OK, I have no other ideas. What else could possibly be wrong? It appears to find the disk ok as the loading icon appears but then nothing. Looking at the drive in 'My Computer' doesn't report 'no disk' but doesn't show any content either!

Whatever that means?

Do you see a disc in the drive in My Computer?

post-97-046721800 1302871368.jpg

When you right click on the drive and click open do you see something like this?

post-97-052898300 1302871425.jpg

When you double click the video_ts folder the contents should look like this?

post-97-053948400 1302871485.jpg

If you open Windows Media Player and try to play the disc it should look like this?

post-97-020423100 1302871551.jpg

Whatever that means?

Do you see a disc in the drive in My Computer?

post-97-046721800 1302871368.jpg

When you right click on the drive and click open do you see something like this?

post-97-052898300 1302871425.jpg

When you double click the video_ts folder the contents should look like this?

post-97-053948400 1302871485.jpg

If you open Windows Media Player and try to play the disc it should look like this?

post-97-020423100 1302871551.jpg

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear. My display is different to yours because I'm running XP Pro and to look at the contents of a drive I click:

start/my computer - then I see a list of drives. If I double-click on the DVD drive it will list the contents of any disk in the drive. However, if there's no disk in the drive it will not actually say "No Disk" but will simply show a blank screen panel where the contents are normally listed.

With the problem DVD it appears to have no content when viewed on my laptop but behaves perfectly on an office machine.

post-94238-069095200 1302943801.png

post-94238-024125400 1302943826.png

The drive specs say you should and it is worth trying.

Let us know how it works out.

Sorry for the delay in replying but I had to wait for delivery of DVD DL +R disks.

The good news is that it works!

Thanks for all your help on this, Ken

Archived