• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Change Display Name?

FEast

I've been trying to change my display name, but keep being told that my current password is incorrect. I used it to sign in, and to make some other changes, but it refuses to recognize my password as correct in this instance. After checking several help possibilities, I turned to one of the moderators, and he suggested I ask here (thanks, Beerman!). Has anybody tried to do this? There's an option to do it in My Settings, but I can't get it to work. Thanks!

Hi Lisbeth -

What link are you logging in from?

You should only be logging in to the forums through this page: http://www.roxio.com/REGISTRATION/login.aspx

If you are getting a different page, then let me know where the link is and where you clicked.

If you want to change your screen name, i can do that for you, but want to make sure you are able to login to the right place first so if you decide to make any changes in the future, you can.

If you prefer, you can message me.

Thanks,

Jon

Roxio Support

Hi Lisbeth -

You should only be logging in to the forums through this page: http://www.roxio.com/REGISTRATION/login.aspx

If you are getting a different page, then let me know where the link is and where you clicked.

If you want to change your screen name, i can do that for you, but want to make sure you are able to login to the right place first so if you decide to make any changes in the future, you can.

If you prefer, you can message me.

Thanks,

Jon

Roxio Support

I'm pretty sure that she and another poster tried changing the screen name from here:

post-58-020001300 1294168299.jpg

I'm pretty sure that she and another poster tried changing the screen name from here:

@Steve - Thanks. I'll go through this with a test account and see what I get. Also, if you have the other user's thread handy, I can contact them.

@Lisbeth - Send me a private message with what you want your screen name changed to.

Jon

@Steve - Thanks. I'll go through this with a test account and see what I get. Also, if you have the other user's thread handy, I can contact them.

@Lisbeth - Send me a private message with what you want your screen name changed to.

Jon

The other user was "gearhed@comcast.net. We suggested a display name change for obvious reasons.

The other user was "gearhed@comcast.net. We suggested a display name change for obvious reasons.

Thanks. I'll reach out to him.

I have also let our forum provider know about this and put in a request to have it fixed.

Jon

You should only be logging in to the forums through this page: http://www.roxio.com...TION/login.aspx

Hi, Jon. I log in via this link, which I probably found on the Roxio site when I originally joined. Since I hadn't been here for awhile, I thought I'd update my info, and went to the same place sknis mentioned in his post. I managed to change everything I wanted except my display name.

I just tried the link you gave me, and it didn't take me directly to the support forums, which is what I prefer. Why would anyone want to take extra unnecessary steps when logging into a forum? Seems to me we should be able to sign in directly.

Okay, so I've signed in via the link you gave me, gotten to the forums, then clicked My Settings/Change Display Name. When I try to change my display name, I, once again, get the "Your current password is incorrect" message. I'll PM you with the name I prefer, as you suggested.

Thank you for your help, Jon (and Sknis); it's much appreciated!

Hi, Jon. I log in via this link, which I probably found on the Roxio site when I originally joined. Since I hadn't been here for awhile, I thought I'd update my info, and went to the same place sknis mentioned in his post. I managed to change everything I wanted except my display name.

I just tried the link you gave me, and it didn't take me directly to the support forums, which is what I prefer. Why would anyone want to take extra unnecessary steps when logging into a forum? Seems to me we should be able to sign in directly.

Okay, so I've signed in via the link you gave me, gotten to the forums, then clicked My Settings/Change Display Name. When I try to change my display name, I, once again, get the "Your current password is incorrect" message. I'll PM you with the name I prefer, as you suggested.

Thank you for your help, Jon (and Sknis); it's much appreciated!

Hi Lisbeth -

You make some really great points here.

Let make a correction on my part.

When want to use the forums, you should be logging in here:

post-5178-010618000 1294179315.jpg

This link, once you sign in, will automatically redirect you back to the forums (you can see the redirection in the URL).

However, when you use the standard login I gave, you are brought to this page:

post-5178-062016600 1294179536.jpg

Even though it isn't directly related to your issue, your feedback did make me realize that this could be improved.

I'll suggest to our web team that forums and webticket links be added to the to the "Welcome" area. We have a pretty tight development schedule, but will see if can get it in there some how.

Thanks for all the great feedback!

Jon

I can't believe I actually managed to be of some help when I so rarely have occasion to visit here, but I'm glad this forum exists, and am more than happy (and pleased) to help. :lol: I see you changed my display name for me, so now that's done. When I get my new burners, I suspect I'll be back, looking for help with the new programs that will accompany them. Thanks, Jon!~Fuchsia

Archived