• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Chuck O

Has Anyone Been Able To Author Hd Video To Standard Dvds

Question

I'm really beginning to wonder. If you have, I'd like to hear from you as to how you did it. Or maybe people who have been succesfull don't have the need to be in these discussion groups. My original post on this was in November, then I posted again in December. Since then I've read all the discussion group topics on this, been in touch with Roxio support and I've tried all the tips suggestions I'm aware of but I haven't been able to find the answer. My problem is getting the "Project Build to Device()Authorscript call failed. Error while writing format". There are specifics on my project, computer, approaches, etc. in my Dec. post "still can't make an AVCHD disc". I realize that Roxio doesn't know what causes this or they would have fixed it. I would be willing to upgrade to Creator 2011 if there's even a good chance for success. Or if there are other things to try that haven't been mentioned, then I will certainly try them. I have literally tried something different every night for the last month to see if I can find something that would work for me . Maybe the problem is my computer but the fact that I can archive AVCHD discs without any problem (and they play back great on my blu-ray player)leads me to think that it's something else. Plus twice in the last month it worked...once when I cut the 31 minute project to 15 minutes and once with a 4 minute slice of the project. But I couldn't replicate this. There doesn't seem to be any one particular setting that works with me.

So I don't know what else to try but I'm certainly willing to try something else. Am I the only one having this problem?

10 answers to this question

I'm really beginning to wonder. If you have, I'd like to hear from you as to how you did it. Or maybe people who have been succesfull don't have the need to be in these discussion groups. My original post on this was in November, then I posted again in December. Since then I've read all the discussion group topics on this, been in touch with Roxio support and I've tried all the tips suggestions I'm aware of but I haven't been able to find the answer. My problem is getting the "Project Build to Device()Authorscript call failed. Error while writing format". There are specifics on my project, computer, approaches, etc. in my Dec. post "still can't make an AVCHD disc". I realize that Roxio doesn't know what causes this or they would have fixed it. I would be willing to upgrade to Creator 2011 if there's even a good chance for success. Or if there are other things to try that haven't been mentioned, then I will certainly try them. I have literally tried something different every night for the last month to see if I can find something that would work for me . Maybe the problem is my computer but the fact that I can archive AVCHD discs without any problem (and they play back great on my blu-ray player)leads me to think that it's something else. Plus twice in the last month it worked...once when I cut the 31 minute project to 15 minutes and once with a 4 minute slice of the project. But I couldn't replicate this. There doesn't seem to be any one particular setting that works with me.

So I don't know what else to try but I'm certainly willing to try something else. Am I the only one having this problem?

Is this the EXACT process you used (link)?. No substitutes or shortcuts ! It has worked for many people.

If you start a new Topic, how do you expect us to know what you have tried?

And just to clearify, you are actually trying to create/burn an AVCHD project.

Your post is confusing. At one point you state " in my Dec. post "still can't make an AVCHD disc"." then later you post: "the fact that I can archive AVCHD discs without any problem"

What exactly are you asking?

Your post is confusing. At one point you state " in my Dec. post "still can't make an AVCHD disc"." then later you post: "the fact that I can archive AVCHD discs without any problem"

He was trying to burn an AVCHD Project from MyDVD when he gets the error.

Archiving is little more copying files to a Data Disc and completely irrelevant to the problem.

I gave him some things to try back at the beginning of December, but he has never gotten back... LINK

Archiving is little more copying files to a Data Disc and completely irrelevant to the problem.

I gave him some things to try back at the beginning of December, but he has never gotten back... LINK

From his post: "the fact that I can archive AVCHD discs without any problem (and they play back great on my blu-ray player)". That does not sound like data archiving.

Is this the EXACT process you used (link)?. No substitutes or shortcuts ! It has worked for many people.

Yes, I used that EXACT process, probably 7 or 8 times with the whole 31 minute project being very carefull to follow each step. I then tried shortening the VW project several times and went thru the whole process again and no luck.

If you start a new Topic, how do you expect us to know what you have tried?

And just to clearify, you are actually trying to create/burn an AVCHD project.

In this topic, I'm asking if anyone has succesfully created an AVCHD disc on a standard DVD that will play on a blu-ray player and if so how did they do it. Nobody has replied that they did and how they did it. sknis replied that the "work around" has "worked for many people" but so far none of them has replied to this topic. I'm not questioning that it's worked for some people; I'm just trying to find out if they did anything different than what I've tried.

Your right, I'm trying to create/burn an AVCHD project. The statement "Author HD video to Standard DVD" comes right off the bullet points of the box for Creator 2010. Just using the terminology that Roxio uses.

I'm asking how to create an AVCHD disc, that was edited in VW and sent (or imported as an Mpeg4) to MYDVD that will play on my blu-ray player. My december post was titled "still can't make an AVCHD disc". I went into quite a bit of detail in that post about what I've tried. I could detail everything I've tried again but I referred you back to that post. As I said I'm able to archive the videos from my cannon HF 20 camcorder onto standard DVD's. That works fine and they play back great on my blu-ray player but that's all raw video. I also added 25 or 30 jpeg photos from my Canon PowerShot SD 800 camera. I'm now trying to use VW to edit that down to a 31 minute project and then burn that onto an AVCHD disc on a standard DVD. I spent hours creating the project in VW and it looks great in preview but no matter what I've tried using all the info I could get my hands on I haven't been able to create a finished product.

Actually, I reponded several times to the things you told me to try. After the last post I went back and re-installed the program as suggested by Roxio support and then really spent alot of time researching all the posts on this subject and have tried everything that I could find. I do appreciate the time you and others have spent trying to help me out. I've updated drivers and firmware and trust me I've tried the "work around" at the start of this topic numerous times. I know that there's not one fix that will make everything OK but at this point I'm just trying to see if there's anything I haven't tried.

. I would be willing to upgrade to Creator 2011 if there's even a good chance for success.

I'm yet to upgrade to creator 2011, but the OP in this thread linked below was having the same error while creating AVCHD DVDs and he reports that the bug was addressed on Creator 2011, maybe you can PM the poster and see if he's still having success creating AVCHDs using Creator 2011

My link

Edited by mackado