• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
awoo87

Black Edges On Scanned Photo's

Question

Hi

This topic was started on the 7-7.5 boards Black Edges On Scanned Photos but since i don't have that suite i thourght I'd post my solution here.

Open photosuite go to file and click on new canvas that will open the select canvas screen select custom size if not already selected go down to units and select pixels then enter the correct aspect ratio

4:3 720 x 540 NTSC

768 x 576 PAL

16:9 848 x 480 NTSC

1024 x 576 PAL

Click ok then click save as i saved mine in a new folder in My Pictures as VW 8 scanner background.DMSP

this allows you to scan you photos at there native size you then open the above saved project change the background color go to insert photos and cutouts resize the inserted photo to suit add edge fading,shadow etc.,save as a jpeg and then when you insert it into VW it's at the correct aspect ratio. It works great for portrait photos as you can have two one the one slide.

Anyway i hope this is of some use.

1 answer to this question

Hi Alan. I did get your message regarding this same information and did play around with it a bit. You have to do a little fiddling around, but i did get it to work. Thanks for your suggestions. Hopefully this wills with a similar problem. Hey man, get those "ET's" down to around the 5 second bracket and you will win a bunch of trophies :)

Frank....