• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Uninstalling Image Loader

David Mays

Question

Windows XP, Roxio 2010 software, uninstall Scsi emulator drive remains.

I have had great difficulty removing Roxio Software. After uninstalling in add/remove I lost access to my DVD drives. I ran the suggested tool drivefixEX_uninstalled.exe and that did not solve the problem. The Roxio SCSI drive emulator continues to show up in devices. Uninstalling it from Device Manager did not get rid of it. Deleting all files and folders with the name Roxio or Sonic did not eliminate the drive. Following the instructions at http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000206CR did not fix the problem. Checking the registry reveals a multitude of Roxio entries. How do we get rid of them short of reinstalling everything from the ground up leaving out Roxio? I am trying to fix PowerDVD playing my ISO files. It stopped working after I installed Roxio. Now I removed Roxio and problems have increased.

Thanks for your help.

2 answers to this question

Windows XP, Roxio 2010 software, uninstall Scsi emulator drive remains.

I have had great difficulty removing Roxio Software. After uninstalling in add/remove I lost access to my DVD drives. I ran the suggested tool drivefixEX_uninstalled.exe and that did not solve the problem. The Roxio SCSI drive emulator continues to show up in devices. Uninstalling it from Device Manager did not get rid of it. Deleting all files and folders with the name Roxio or Sonic did not eliminate the drive. Following the instructions at http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000206CR did not fix the problem. Checking the registry reveals a multitude of Roxio entries. How do we get rid of them short of reinstalling everything from the ground up leaving out Roxio? I am trying to fix PowerDVD playing my ISO files. It stopped working after I installed Roxio. Now I removed Roxio and problems have increased.

Thanks for your help.

Perhaps there is somehting else going on - I have both on my computer and can use both with no issues.

I ran the suggested tool drivefixEX_uninstalled.exe and that did not solve the problem.

Where did you see this recommended on this site?

Post a link to this tool please.

I don't think folks delete/remove the emulated drive before uninstalling the Roxio program in add remove programs or programs and features. Uninstalling it in device manager and rebooting has always worked when someone came here asking how to delete it.

Archived