• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Please Help..."crazy Talk"

Lobsang

Question

I am feeling kind of dumb right now because I have had 2 problems this week. Let me preface by saying that I had Roxio Creator 2010 and over time was doing very well with the program (with some help initially from yo9u guys). This week I upgraded to Roxio 2011 Pro...

So I downloaded the program and proceded as I would with the old program. I made a video with my camera with talking in it. I then brought the video into the new 2011 pro program. But instead of normal words comming out it is like gibberish or backward talk or something weird sounding that cannot be understood. Sounds like a crazy foreign language.

So what I did is I uninstalled Creator 2010 as a precaution but the gibberish in Pro2011 was still happening. So I uninstalled Creator2011 pro totally and then I used the disk that came in the mail to reinstall but STILL when the video is played on the storyboard it is in gibbirish!

Can someone give me a solution so I can just get to using the program like I did before I upgraded.. ? I would sincerely appreciate it..

Thank you in advance...

10 answers to this question

What Brand and model of camcorder?

It is a canon sx210is digital camera with high definition video and stereo sound. It has always functioned flawlessly with the Roxio 2010 creator..

Now here is another observation. If I click edit on the native track and that "ocilloscope kind of thing" comes up it only goes as far as half the distance across the screen where it used to always go all the way in the creator 2010.

I just cannot remember but it seems as if before all these videos were not in quicktime but I could be wrong. Also I just do not understand why all these files that used to be able to be brought into the roxio program have the red circle with the line through it like a no smoking sign and cannot be brought into the program..

Sorry to be so difficult but I am trying to communicate so you will understand me..

Thank you so much for helping me..

If I click edit on the native track and that "ocilloscope kind of thing" comes up it only goes as far as half the distance across the screen where it used to always go all the way in the creator 2010.
We have seen this problem before with that exact camera and it does save in .MOV Quicktime format. I'll have to check to see if there was a solution.

Roxio's Tech Support, like most, don't have the time to try everything...

A free 3rd Party program like these 2 are pretty simple:

AVS4YOU Converter: AVS

Any Video Converter: HERE

The V2D program you bought is pretty simple and very limited. Still the Roxio Video Capture USB device can be used with Roxio 2011 as well as 2010.

We have seen this problem before with that exact camera and it does save in .MOV Quicktime format. I'll have to check to see if there was a solution.

I really appreciate the help! Here is what happenend. Roxio technical support looked into it and ultimately after bumping me up to tier 2 support this was the final result..

"Thank you for contacting Roxio Customer Care.

I re-create your issue and it is within the audio decoder that is included in Creator 2011. I find our that Creator 2010 and Creator 2011 has a different decoder. At this point since there is no solution that we can apply I will forward this issue into our development team for further investigation.

I will update you once I receive any information that we could apply to your issue. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding and would be delighted to welcome you back as a valued customer in the future. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding and would be delighted to provide you more information in regards to your issue."

So I put Creator 2010 back on and they actually gave me my money back on the 2011 pro which went smoothly. I will stay with the 2010 and order another package maybe from Sony or Corel and possible try with Roxio in 2012 since I really like the program.

Thanks again for the help!

I appreciate what you guys do here...

Well that is cutting off your nose...

Why didn't you try passing it through a 3rd party converter first?

It is another step but at least this way you get to use the latest & greatest software???

But I am glad that you pursued this so that it can be fixed!!!

Well I am no computer expert so I would not know to do this and really I would think the experts at Roxio would have suggested it. Maybe they were not so "expert". But really I still have the 2010 and am happy with it and my motive in getting other software is really to expose myself to it. Even though I am not really adept at computers I found the Roxio very good but I am starting to outgrow these basic programs and want more possibilities so when I can afford it I would like to think about a higher level more professional program. But I will say that Roxio did help me and treated me right and I would recommend them on that basis.

I just purchased and receives the cable and disc to make my VHS tapes into DVDs from Roxio and that program really works great..

Thanks

Yes it does play correctly from the camera as well as from the file on the computer. It indicates that it has been saved as a "quicktime" file and I just don't know enhough to know if that is the same kind of file that I used to import into Roxio creator 10.

Also if this means anything. A bunch of my files that used to play and be normal have a red circle over then and a line through it. And they will not add to the storyboard. Something has changed. Additionally let me also say that when I had both roxio 2010 and 2011 on the computer 2010 continued to work fine and you could import with no gibberish but 2011 had the gibberish..

Sorry to be a nucense and I really appreciate your patience and help

Archived