• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

File Missing

burnergeoff

Question

i can see by various posts that a lot of people are having trouble with "missing file or corrupt" creator 2009/2010..cant ROXIO sort it?

it should be a case of buy CD install CD use prog!...oh no not as simple as that we have suddenly turn into pc wizz kids to attempt to get the #$^@ thing to work.......im coming to the conclusion that the whole thing is a complete waste of time and the only use for the CD is to use as a coffee cup coaster!!!

what im trying to say that good old me and probably others have this certificate file missing blah,blah problem,i would like to thank you and others for there help.which i shall mull over see what i can do.

the thing i am saying is surely if its McAfee that is the cause off this problem the perhaps the should come up with the answer.... ;)

I don't work for Roxio, so I don't know what they're going to do. Roxio was "acquired" by Sonic and installation seemed [coincidentally?] to get more complicated. Now Sonic has been/is being "acquired" by Rovi, so perhaps things will get simpler. Who knows?

and to be honest MCAfee ends in july .its going in the trash, i spoke to a guy at PC WORLDm (nationwide store) and he said they get nothing but trouble wiyt McAfee and Norton to the effect that McAfee have brought out a anti-virus und a different name that dont go so deep...just goes to show :lol:

i can see by various posts that a lot of people are having trouble with "missing file or corrupt" creator 2009/2010..cant ROXIO sort it?

it should be a case of buy CD install CD use prog!...oh no not as simple as that we have suddenly turn into pc wizz kids to attempt to get the #$^@ thing to work.......im coming to the conclusion that the whole thing is a complete waste of time and the only use for the CD is to use as a coffee cup coaster!!!

What you are not seeing are the tens of thousands of careful people who have not had any problems ! :D

Is there a question in your post? :unsure:

If you have one and want some help with it, please answer these questions (link). I'm sure we can give you a solution that you can live with.

and to be honest MCAfee ends in july .its going in the trash, i spoke to a guy at PC WORLDm (nationwide store) and he said they get nothing but trouble wiyt McAfee and Norton to the effect that McAfee have brought out a anti-virus und a different name that dont go so deep...just goes to show :lol:

Have a look at this http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

right lets start again(im a helicopter engineer not a pc whizz kid so that probably dont help).about a year ago i installed creator 2009 on xp home.it worked perfectly ok but a little slow.so we up the RAM it still worked ok.

at sometime later the password to getxp up and firing got corrupted so ..i gave to a repair man he sorted it rebooted it with a new copy of xp.i then reloaded all my discs including McAfee(which was on there before)

reloaded creator 2009 and this file problem came up.

I have loaded up from disc creator 2010 on to my windows 7 laptop.which also has McAfee.

this is why i cant understand the problem .wheres the logic..i know there isnt any!!

Ooops me being dumb..(sorry)this pc went off to a repair guy.he said he had installed a Anti-Virus on it after he had re installed xp because i did something to it (embarassed cough :( )

i didnt realised the microsoft essentials that he had installed was a anti-virus.aaaahhhh!!!!

so i went and put McAfee on no wonder the thing had a melt down....and the rest is history. :(

Is it any good?.as my daughter laptop had a freebee web download may have been AVG or COMOD and something got in good and proper

Please consider these statements:

This program suite worked well last year

I am using the same Creator 2009 as I used last year

A repairman has since loaded a new copy of XP

I have since reloaded Creator 2009

I am now having a "missing file or corrupt" [what?] error

-The suite worked well for you last year, so the software works.

-The repairman has replaced XP, so that SHOULD work.

-Perhaps something has upset the installation of Creator 2009. A clean reinstall of C2009 should fix that.

The method for a clean install is found HERE.

Creator 2010 works well on XP, too, though you should clean uninstall C2009 first. :)

Hope this helps

Please consider these statements:

This program suite worked well last year

I am using the same Creator 2009 as I used last year

A repairman has since loaded a new copy of XP

I have since reloaded Creator 2009

I am now having a "missing file or corrupt" [what?] error

-The suite worked well for you last year, so the software works.

-The repairman has replaced XP, so that SHOULD work.

-Perhaps something has upset the installation of Creator 2009. A clean reinstall of C2009 should fix that.

The method for a clean install is found HERE.

Creator 2010 works well on XP, too, though you should clean uninstall C2009 first. :)

Hope this helps

Did the repairmen also install all the XP service packs?

Ooops me being dumb..(sorry)this pc went off to a repair guy.he said he had installed a Anti-Virus on it after he had re installed xp because i did something to it (embarassed cough :( )

i didnt realised the microsoft essentials that he had installed was a anti-virus.aaaahhhh!!!!

so i went and put McAfee on no wonder the thing had a melt down....and the rest is history. :(

Is it any good?.as my daughter laptop had a freebee web download may have been AVG or COMOD and something got in good and proper

I have used it for 2 years...... on my old XP and now my W7 and have not had any problems.

Archived