Josh

No Video Signal - Audio Found

Question

Hello,

I'm having a problem setting up my Roxio Easy VHS to DVD to record from my Xbox. It's able to capture the audio however the weird part is that it's acting like there is no audio (the audio adjust settings are all grey as if there is no sound). And there is no video signal, but the video is plugged in.

I'd love to hear your suggestions.

- Josh

Hello,

I'm having a problem setting up my Roxio Easy VHS to DVD to record from my Xbox. It's able to capture the audio however the weird part is that it's acting like there is no audio (the audio adjust settings are all grey as if there is no sound). And there is no video signal, but the video is plugged in.

I'd love to hear your suggestions.

- Josh

What version of V2D program are you running?

Your operating system?

How are you connected, be specific?

Try a DVD player, do you get both signals?

What version of V2D program are you running?

Your operating system?

How are you connected, be specific?

Try a DVD player, do you get both signals?

What version of V2D program are you running? - Build 201B23A ENU

Your operating system? - Windows XP

How are you connected, be specific? - The audio and video outputs are coming straight from a Xbox cable (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Component-High-Definition-Cable-xBox/dp/B002NQ1QG6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294338062&sr=8-1)

Try a DVD player, do you get both signals? I do not have a DVD player ready to test, however if it's really needed I can find one to test it with.

What version of V2D program are you running? - Build 201B23A ENU

Your operating system? - Windows XP

How are you connected, be specific? - The audio and video outputs are coming straight from a Xbox cable (http://www.amazon.co...4338062&sr=8-1)

Try a DVD player, do you get both signals? I do not have a DVD player ready to test, however if it's really needed I can find one to test it with.

Can we assume that you have the Yellow(Video)/Red&White (Audio) connected to the Roxio USB device.

To prove that that the cables are giving you a good source of signal (Video &Audio) plug them into your TV.

Can we assume that you have the Yellow(Video)/Red&White (Audio) connected to the Roxio USB device.

To prove that that the cables are giving you a good source of signal (Video &Audio) plug them into your TV.

Yes the Roxio USE device is connected correctly to my Xbox cable - as I said, I'm receiving audio (however Roxio is acting as if I'm not) and I'm not getting video.

What do you mean plug them into my TV? Roxio uses female sockets, I can't plug them into my TV female sockets.

The Xbox cable link you posted looks like a bunch of male cables on one end and a USB connector on the other end, is that correct? If so how is it connected to the Roxio USB Device, be specific please.

anngup.jpg

Roxio is plugged into a USB 2.0 (10 meter) cable which is connected to my PC.

Has that helped clear things up?

Edited by Josh

anngup.jpg

Roxio is plugged into a USB 2.0 (10 meter) cable which is connected to my PC.

Has that helped clear things up?

Shorten it up 30 feet and see what happens?

Shorten it up 30 feet and see what happens?

My 10m USB cable? 10m = 30 feet though?

Surely 10m isn't long enough to cause a no signal error though.

My 10m USB cable? 10m = 30 feet though?

Surely 10m isn't long enough to cause a no signal error though.

You said 10 meter now you say 10m, what ever that is?

Talk to us in English and explain your self in detail.

We aren't looking over your shoulder and can only respond to information you give us even if it's wrong information!

"What do you mean plug them into my TV? Roxio uses female sockets, I can't plug them into my TV female sockets."

Plug the XBox composite cables Y/R/W into the TV, just to make sure the source (XBox) is good.

Edited by ogdens

You said 10 meter now you say 10m, what ever that is?

Talk to us in English and explain your self in detail.

We aren't looking over your shoulder and can only respond to information you give us even if it's wrong information!

10 meter or 10m, that is plain english and equals about 30 ft. Not everyone lives in the US and uses feet, etc

It is just like saying 10 feet and 10 ft.

@cdanteek,

Just as myguggi answered, 10m is a abbreviation of 10meters.

"What do you mean plug them into my TV? Roxio uses female sockets, I can't plug them into my TV female sockets."

Plug the XBox composite cables Y/R/W into the TV, just to make sure the source (XBox) is good.

I'm using Y/R/G/B/R from the Xbox to the TV as the TV does not have a yellow socket (so I cannot test the yellow), and unplugging the Xbox to test on another TV isn't doable. The TV hangs on the wall with all the wires (xbox wires) going through the wall.

Edited by Josh

@cdanteek,

Just as myguggi answered, 10m is a abbreviation of 10meters.

I'm using Y/R/G/B/R from the Xbox to the TV as the TV does not have a yellow socket (so I cannot test the yellow), and unplugging the Xbox to test on another TV isn't doable. The TV hangs on the wall with all the wires (xbox wires) going through the wall.

As I said in a earlier post I don't have Xbox, maybe another user who has used Xbox with the VHS to DVD Roxio program will drop in to help you.

Hey Josh -

Try this article first Audio input not detected with Roxio USB capture device. (Yes i know your issue is with Video).

Pay special attention to the second paragraph.

The extension cable you have the Roxio device plugged into maybe part of the problem. The longer a cable is, the higher the risk of a degraded signal quality. This is true of audio and video and data. This is why internet DSL customers have to be within a certain radius of the central office.

For example, old firewire specifications also stated that cables should not exceed certain length (been a while, but I think it was 1.3 meters). USB, with it's burst rate rather than consistent data rate (like firewire) is probably more susceptible to signal drops for high data rates such as video, but audio require less bandwidth and is probably why your audio signal is making it through.

Phew.

So, my suggestions:

1) Use a much, much shorter cable

2) If you can forgo the cable and plug the Roxio device straight into the back of your computer with no cable

3) Preferably, your computer's USB port is USB 2.0.

Jon

Roxio Support

Thanks for the reply Jon. I did try that atricle before posting however it failed before (while using the USB extension lead) and again now (plugged straight into the PC).

I have tried plugging the Roxio straight into the back of the PC however this failed, it's still got audio but no picture.

Thanks for the reply Jon. I did try that atricle before posting however it failed before (while using the USB extension lead) and again now (plugged straight into the PC).

I have tried plugging the Roxio straight into the back of the PC however this failed, it's still got audio but no picture.

Hmmm...did you ever see this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYy_G36BLSQ

Jon

What do you show in device manager with the USB Device plugged in?

post-97-030395200 1294357204.jpg

What do you show in device manager with the USB Device plugged in?

post-97-030395200 1294357204.jpg

Sorry, Josh - I should clarify that's it's a user's video. Also, what is your graphics card like? Also if you have any other source you can plug in (as someone suggested - like a DVD player, video camera, VHS player, etc) give it ago. You may also want to try another game.

This is so we can solve if the game itself has any copy protection on it for streaming (which I haven't heard of so far).

Jon

@Jon

Tried following that many times ;)

The only difference from my setup to his is that my TV doesn't have audio output so the audio is plugged straight into the Roxio. And I'm not using any converter, the yellow lead goes straight into Roxio.

Should I be using a converter? Does this actually do anything? I thought it was simply a Male>Female socket. All that he uses it for is: Xbox yellow lead > converter > yellow lead > Roxio

---- EDIT

@cdanteek

I have 'Roxio Video Capture USB' listed, but not a 'USB 2861 Device' listed. But I do have 'USB Audio Device' listed below my Roxio, but this be the same but a different name?

@jonatsonic

Yes don't worry I was aware ;) But no it's not the game. I'll give the DVD player a go tomorrow, it's getting later here.

Edited by Josh

@cdanteek

I have 'Roxio Video Capture USB' listed, but not a 'USB 2861 Device' listed. But I do have 'USB Audio Device' listed below my Roxio, but this be the same but a different name?

Sorry that was for Vista and W-7.

Here is for XP...

post-97-076035400 1294358563.jpg

My driver name is 'Roxio Video Capture Card' and not 'USB Capture Device'. Driver provider are both the same, and my driver date is a few months more recent.

My driver name is 'Roxio Video Capture Card' and not 'USB Capture Device'. Driver provider are both the same, and my driver date is a few months more recent.

That don't sound right!

Could you post a screen shot of that in device manager?

That don't sound right!

Could you post a screen shot of that in device manager?

2zo9lcw.png

Sorry for a slow reply, I purchased a few items on Amazon and wanted to test it again using some new items. But this all failed again.

I'm still only receiving audio and no video as before.

I don’t think the cable you are using is designed to do what you want???

It looks more like a HDMI to Component video converter and it only “converts” one way… The HDMI connector goes in your TV and the male RCA plugs go into your Xbox.

You have a Red & White plug for Audio as well as a Yellow Composite Video.

Then there are Red, Green & Blue for Component Video which cannot be used with the Roxio Device.

post-39730-089755600 1297686397.jpg

I couldn’t find anything definitive, did the cable come with some hookup instructions? Can you take a picture of them or scan them?

I notice that the Audio connections in your picture do not resemble the ones from the picture of the cable??? Have they changed or are you using different ones?

Sooo how are you connecting to the Xbox? (HDMI???)

Are you able to try the Composite ends on your TV?

I don’t think the cable you are using is designed to do what you want???

It looks more like a HDMI to Component video converter and it only “converts” one way… The HDMI connector goes in your TV and the male RCA plugs go into your Xbox.

You have a Red & White plug for Audio as well as a Yellow Composite Video.

Then there are Red, Green & Blue for Component Video which cannot be used with the Roxio Device.

post-39730-089755600 1297686397.jpg

I couldn’t find anything definitive, did the cable come with some hookup instructions? Can you take a picture of them or scan them?

I notice that the Audio connections in your picture do not resemble the ones from the picture of the cable??? Have they changed or are you using different ones?

Sooo how are you connecting to the Xbox? (HDMI???)

Are you able to try the Composite ends on your TV?

The video composite works fine in the TV but not Roxio.

This is my setup: The blue/green/red go into the TV, the red/white go into my headphones which then go into Roxio. And then the video composite (yellow) goes into a converter and then into another video composite (yellow) and then into Roxio.

I'm using the same setup from the video posted here, but I'm still unable to capture video.

Edited by Josh